RegistryBB under modperl 1.28

  • justin
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 23, 2003
      Although I can get RegistryNG working just fine, I can't seem to get
      RegistryBB working. It insists it cannot find the handler, even though I
      should be able to just change NG to BB in the config file, right?

      RegistryBB seems not to have changed since modperl 1.13 or prior, and
      was usable there.

      What is it, or am I, missing here?

      [Thu Oct 23 19:06:50 2003] [error] Undefined subroutine
      &Apache::RegistryBB::handler called.

      thanks

      -Justin
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 23, 2003
        justin wrote:
        > Although I can get RegistryNG working just fine, I can't seem to get
        > RegistryBB working. It insists it cannot find the handler, even though I
        > should be able to just change NG to BB in the config file, right?
        >
        > RegistryBB seems not to have changed since modperl 1.13 or prior, and
        > was usable there.
        >
        > What is it, or am I, missing here?
        >
        > [Thu Oct 23 19:06:50 2003] [error] Undefined subroutine
        > &Apache::RegistryBB::handler called.

        it's been ages since I messed with any of this stuff, but both NG and BB are
        method handlers, and I've typically seen that message when the module isn't
        preloaded for method handlers.

        so, try adding

        PerlModule Apache::RegistryBB

        or otherwise use()ing BB in a startup.pl to get it recognized.

        HTH

        --Geoff
      • justin
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 23, 2003
          Yep, that is there fine already..

          PerlModule Apache::Filter
          PerlModule Apache::RegistryNG
          PerlModule Apache::RegistryBB
          PerlModule Apache::Compress
          PerlModule Apache::RegistryFilter

          <Location ...>
          SetHandler perl-script
          PerlHandler Apache::RegistryNG
          </Loction>

          # runtime, this location generates the error, browser sees 500 internal server error
          <Location ...>
          SetHandler perl-script
          PerlHandler Apache::RegistryBB
          </Location>

          <Location ...>
          SetHandler perl-script
          PerlSetVar Filter on
          PerlHandler Apache::RegistryFilter Apache::Compress
          </Location>

          It is like RegistryBB is not exporting or inheriting the handler properly?

          All I have to do to make the 2nd location work perfectly, is change BB to NG,
          but then my script is recompiled whenever the disk date changes. I prefer
          to control that with HUP, or let them roll naturally.

          -Justin

          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 23, 2003
            On Thu, 2003-10-23 at 22:22, justin wrote:
            > # runtime, this location generates the error, browser sees 500 internal server error
            > <Location ...>
            > SetHandler perl-script
            > PerlHandler Apache::RegistryBB
            > </Location>

            As Geoff pointed out, this is a method handler, so try this instead:
            PerlHandler Apache::RegistryBB->handler

            If you don't call it as a method, it can't inherit it from RegistryNG.

            - Perrin
          • justin
            Message 5 of 5 , Oct 23, 2003
              I tried that as well, before, did not work ..

              just verified it again:

              [Fri Oct 24 02:47:20 2003] [error] Undefined subroutine
              &Apache::RegistryBB->handler::handler called.