Re: [mp2] running make test as unpriveleged user

    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 1 11:33 PM
      Haroon Rafique wrote:

      > Yes, the patch fixes the failing tests/sandbox violations. Find attached.

      You get to break the 1.99_11-dev ice ;) Thanks, committed (with some more XXX
      noise, so we get this to polish later)

      > SB> Another alternative is to introduce a new directory for Apache-Test:
      > SB> t/tmp and a corresponding -tmp option to override the default, which
      > SB> is probably a cleaner solution in the long run.
      > All good ideas for the long run. Not familiar with Apache-Test, so can't
      > comment.

      I think you will want it in a short run as well (I mean the merging of your
      patches into the autogenerated httpd.conf), because all other Apache:: modules
      using Apache::Test will have the same issues. So the next time you encounter
      this knock again here so we get it into Apache-Test.

      > SB> 2) > [Wed Oct 01 18:15:18 2003] [error] (13)Permission denied:
      > SB> Couldn't unlink
      > SB> > unix domain socket /var/run/cgisock
      > SB>
      > SB> I'm trying to understand why do we have this problem when we don't use
      > SB> mod_cgid. Is it because mod_cgid gets loaded?
      > Good question. Here's what I believe is happening. /usr/sbin/apxs2 is the
      > path to my APache eXtenSion tool. During the conf generation process apxs2
      > is used to figure out the location of the central config file for apache2
      > (/etc/apache2/conf/apache2.conf). This file does have a:
      > LoadModule cgid_module modules/mod_cgid.so
      > line. References to cgid are then found abundantly in
      > t/conf/apache_test_config.pm (another generated file). Finally, the
      > following section appears in the generated file t/conf/httpd.conf:
      > <IfModule !mod_cgid.c>
      > LoadModule cgid_module "/etc/apache2/modules/mod_cgid.so"
      > </IfModule>

      That's right, it inherits from the global httpd.conf installed system-wide.

      > Should (and more importantly how do) we attempt to keep cgid out of the
      > conf files?

      Nuh, you gave us the fix, so we are all set ;)

      Thank you.