Re: Perl 5.8.1 is out

    Message 1 of 10 , Sep 29, 2003
      Carl Brewer wrote:
      > Stas Bekman wrote:
      >
      >> So what hostname do you normally use? Have you tried that? Philippe
      >> has reported that this change has worked for him.
      >>
      >> http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=apache-modperl-dev&m=105514290024419&w=2
      >

      > I used this patch just now on a current CVS, and still see the same
      > problems (or similar).
      >
      > Stas, do you want to have a play on the box to see if you can
      > figure it out?

      Not really, I simpy don't know IPv6 and what does it want from Apache to fix
      the problem at the moment. I don't think it's an issue of having a machine
      running IPv6. I have a way too many unfinished mp2 issue that require to be
      completed first. Next I can start reading on IPv6 and solve it unless someone
      does it before me.

      You could solve that problem easily if you know IPv6. Just fix the
      autogenerated t/conf/httpd.conf (and may be some other included conf files
      from httpd.conf) and send a diff with the original file to the list. From
      there it'll be easy to create a code patch that will generate a valid
      IPv6-complient httpd.conf. Please give it a try.