Re: handlers versus scripts, SSI difference

    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 4, 2003
      On Mon, 2003-08-04 at 04:05, gerard uolaquetalestem wrote:
      > But it seems to be that with modperl as DSO this directive does not work,
      > and that Apache::include is only a modperl1.x funcionality, so discarted in
      > mod perl 2.

      I don't think this has anything to do with DSO vs. static.
      Apache::Include and Apache::SSI are the two ways of doing includes of
      mod_perl scripts in mod_perl 1.x and they have not been ported to
      mod_perl 2 yet.

      If you are using apache 2, you should look at using the apache 2 version
      of mod_include, which can be used as a filter. Take a look at the
      documentation here:
      http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/mod/mod_include.html

      > So this is my question. Are perlhandlers better than CGI registry scripts in
      > speed but not in funcionality???

      Perl handlers have better speed and functionality than CGI scripts
      running under Registry, but that has nothing to do with SSI.