GlobalRequest

  • Jean-Sebastien Guay
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 1, 2003
      Hello,

      I'm fairly new at mod_perl, and trying to get a large number of existing Perl CGI scripts to run on it. I have started by trying to start the server with a minimal startup.pl file that just loads one of my custom modules (in addition to the ones that were suggested in the mod_perl configuration docs). I get this error:

      [Fri Aug 01 13:49:05 2003] [error] Global $r object is not available. Set:
              PerlOptions +GlobalRequest
      in httpd.conf at D:/Perl/lib/CGI.pm line 269.
      Compilation failed in require at D:/htdocs/startup.pl line 32.
      BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at D:/htdocs/startup.pl line 32.

      [Fri Aug 01 13:49:05 2003] [error] Can't load Perl file: D:/htdocs/startup.pl for
      server bob.bob.com:80, exiting...

      (of course, startup.pl line 32 is the line where I use() my own module)

      This setting is enabled by default for sections configured as:
        <Location ...>
            SetHandler perl-script
        </Location>
      Which is my case. And even if I add +GlobalRequest to the PerlOptions line in my mod_perl Location section, I get the same error. Is there anything else I need to do?

      Thanks in advance,

      J-S

      Jean-Sébastien Guay                  jean_seb@...
      Software Developer, Hybride         http://www.hybride.com
      Piedmont, Québec, Canada
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 1, 2003
        On Fri, 2003-08-01 at 14:20, Jean-Sebastien Guay wrote:
        > [Fri Aug 01 13:49:05 2003] [error] Global $r object is not available.
        > Set:
        > PerlOptions +GlobalRequest
        > in httpd.conf at D:/Perl/lib/CGI.pm line 269.

        Make sure you have the very latest CGI.pm. There were some changes
        related to mod_perl 2 recently.