Re: uwinnipeg site down (ppm installation)?

  • Jean-Sebastien Guay
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 1, 2003
      > Sorry about this - I had a hard disc crash, and am just in
      > the process of restoring things. Computers are getting too
      > smart - they know when you're vulnerable, and will act
      > accordingly ... Hopefully it'll be ready in a day.

      No worries, things like these happen.

      In the mean time, do you know of a mirror where I could get the files? I'm
      trying to get mod_perl installed and get all the web scripts we have here
      working on it, and I would like to be able to work on it today if
      possible...

      If not, I'll wait until Monday, no problem.

      Thanks,

      J-S

      Jean-Sébastien Guay jean_seb@...
      Software Developer, Hybride http://www.hybride.com
      Piedmont, Québec, Canada
    • Jean-Sebastien Guay
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 1, 2003
        > Sorry about this - I had a hard disc crash, and am just in
        > the process of restoring things. Computers are getting too
        > smart - they know when you're vulnerable, and will act
        > accordingly ... Hopefully it'll be ready in a day.

        Great job Randy! Got mod_perl installed, so I can now start bashing my code
        to see how much punishment it needs before agreeing to run on it! :-)

        Thanks!

        J-S
      • Randy Kobes
        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 1, 2003
          On Fri, 1 Aug 2003, Jean-Sebastien Guay wrote:

          > > Sorry about this - I had a hard disc crash, and am just in
          > > the process of restoring things. Computers are getting too
          > > smart - they know when you're vulnerable, and will act
          > > accordingly ... Hopefully it'll be ready in a day.
          >
          > Great job Randy! Got mod_perl installed, so I can now start bashing my
          > code to see how much punishment it needs before agreeing to run on it!
          > :-)

          I think most things are working now - please let me know
          if something major's amiss ... I've copied the ppm packages
          also over to http://perl.apache.org/dist/win32-bin/, so
          they can also be accessed there.

          best regards,
          randy