PerlAuthenHandler problem with mod_perl in a Cobalt Raq4

  • Antonio
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 31 10:47 AM
      Hi There,

      I need to use Apache::AuthDBI to authenticate users via MySQL and InterBase in a Cobalt Raq4. I'm using this method in another linux boxes but this particular Raq4 is driving me mad.

      Raq4 comes with an Apache with a pre compile mod_perl 1.25 with all hooks enable, including PerlAuthenHandler and PerlAuthzHandler. But no matter what I pass to PerlAuthenHandler or PerlAuthzHandler it does not work, Apache seens to be ignoring it.

      An exemple of my .htaccess file:

      AuthName "Protected Dir"
      AuthType Basic
      PerlAuthenHandler Apache::AuthDBI::authen
      PerlSetVar Auth_DBI_encrypted off
      PerlSetVar Auth_DBI_data_source dbi:mysql:xxxxx
      PerlSetVar Auth_DBI_username xxxx
      PerlSetVar Auth_DBI_password xxxx
      PerlSetVar Auth_DBI_pwd_table xxxx
      PerlSetVar Auth_DBI_uid_field xxxx
      PerlSetVar Auth_DBI_pwd_field xxxx
      require valid-user

      If I access this directory the authentication window pops-up (as usual), If I try to logon as a database user I get this error in my "error" log:

      [Thu Jul 24 03:05:10 2003] [error] access to /home/sites/home/web/test failed for xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx, reason: AuthPamExternal [/usr/lib/authenticate]: Failed (1) for user xxxxx

      Now, the real odd thing is that if I try to access this diretory as a regular local system user, it authenticates! The Apache shipped with Raq4 uses the mod_auth_pam_external but I don't know if this have something do with this problem, as the mod_auth works fine.

      The Apache or mod_perl seens to be ignoring the PerlAuthenHandler directive ...

      If I use:
      PerlAuthenHandler Apache::AuthDBI::authen
      It does not work

      if I use:
      PerlAuthenHandler BOGUS::BOGUS::BOGUS
      It, of course, does not work, but I don't get any error about it my log files! And also, I still can logon as a regular local user.

      Any ideas/thoughts ?!? Any help would be apprecitate ...

      Thank you,
      Antonio