uwinnipeg site down (ppm installation)?

  • Jean-Sebastien Guay
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 31, 2003
      Hello,

      I am trying to install mod_perl 2 (1.99_10) from the http://theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca/ppms/ site, but it seems to be down. Could anyone point me to a mirror or send me the necessary files off-list? It would be very appreciated, since I am in something of a hurry.

      BTW, I am looking forward to using mod_perl and asking+answering questions on this list.

      Thanks in advance,

      J-S

      Jean-Sébastien Guay
      jean_seb@...
      Software Developer, Hybride         http://www.hybride.com
      Piedmont, Québec, Canada
    • Jean-Sebastien Guay
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 31, 2003
        Ok, now the site seems to be back up (it responds to pings, whereas it didn't before) but trying to add it to ppm gives this:

        ppm> rep add Apache http://theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca/cgi-bin/ppmserver?urn:/PPMServer58
        Error: Unexpected Content-Type '' returned

        Does anyone know of a mirror? please? :-)

        J-S

        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 31, 2003
          On Thu, 31 Jul 2003, Jean-Sebastien Guay wrote:

          > Ok, now the site seems to be back up (it responds to pings, whereas it
          > didn't before) but trying to add it to ppm gives this:
          >
          > ppm> rep add Apache
          > http://theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca/cgi-bin/ppmserver?urn:/PPMServer58 Error:
          > Unexpected Content-Type '' returned
          >
          > Does anyone know of a mirror? please? :-)

          Sorry about this - I had a hard disc crash, and am just in
          the process of restoring things. Computers are getting too
          smart - they know when you're vulnerable, and will act
          accordingly ... Hopefully it'll be ready in a day.

          best regards,
          randy
        • Jean-Sebastien Guay
          Message 4 of 7 , Aug 1, 2003
            > Sorry about this - I had a hard disc crash, and am just in
            > the process of restoring things. Computers are getting too
            > smart - they know when you're vulnerable, and will act
            > accordingly ... Hopefully it'll be ready in a day.

            No worries, things like these happen.

            In the mean time, do you know of a mirror where I could get the files? I'm
            trying to get mod_perl installed and get all the web scripts we have here
            working on it, and I would like to be able to work on it today if
            possible...

            If not, I'll wait until Monday, no problem.

            Thanks,

            Message 5 of 7 , Aug 1, 2003
              > Sorry about this - I had a hard disc crash, and am just in
              > the process of restoring things. Computers are getting too
              > smart - they know when you're vulnerable, and will act
              > accordingly ... Hopefully it'll be ready in a day.

              Great job Randy! Got mod_perl installed, so I can now start bashing my code
              to see how much punishment it needs before agreeing to run on it! :-)

              Thanks!

              J-S
            • Randy Kobes
              Message 6 of 7 , Aug 1, 2003
                On Fri, 1 Aug 2003, Jean-Sebastien Guay wrote:

                > > Sorry about this - I had a hard disc crash, and am just in
                > > the process of restoring things. Computers are getting too
                > > smart - they know when you're vulnerable, and will act
                > > accordingly ... Hopefully it'll be ready in a day.
                >
                > Great job Randy! Got mod_perl installed, so I can now start bashing my
                > code to see how much punishment it needs before agreeing to run on it!
                > :-)

                I think most things are working now - please let me know
                if something major's amiss ... I've copied the ppm packages
                also over to http://perl.apache.org/dist/win32-bin/, so
                they can also be accessed there.

                best regards,
                randy