RE: Does DBD::Pg work w/mp2?

  • Marc M. Adkins
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 22, 2003
      > Is anyone using PostgreSQL via DBD::Pg in a threaded environment?
      >
      > It appears as though the DBD::Pg driver hasn't been made thread-safe yet.
      > However it's possible that I'm misusing it somehow, doing something in my
      > startup.pl that I shouldn't, whatever. So I'm asking if anyone else is
      > using DBD::Pg successfully w/mp2 at the current time???

      From the DBD::Pg mailing list:

      -------------------------------------

      The version in CVS should work with threading, but the version on CPAN
      does not yet. You can download a cvs copy:

      http://gborg.postgresql.org/project/dbdpg/projdisplay.php

      or just add these three lines to Pg.pm and recompile:

      diff -c -r1.37 Pg.pm
      *** Pg.pm 10 Jun 2003 19:14:53 -0000 1.37
      --- Pg.pm 22 Jun 2003 21:22:31 -0000
      ***************
      *** 38,43 ****
      --- 38,47 ----
      $errstr = ""; # holds error string for DBI::errstr
      $drh = undef; # holds driver handle once initialized

      + sub CLONE {
      + $drh = undef ;
      + }
      +
      sub driver{
      return $drh if $drh;
      my($class, $attr) = @_;

      I've tried it and it seems to work just fine.

      mma