Installation Problem

  • Ankur Jain
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 17, 2003
      Hi,
      I have RHL 8.0 and Apache2.0 running and perl
      5.8.0. I am trying to install the modperl2.0 It's
      going fine till the make procedure but when I run the
      "make test" it prompts that "no test server configured
      please specify a httpd or apxs or put either in your
      path. Eg: t/TEST -httpd /path/to/bin/httpd"

      I tried that and it ended with an error "server
      <server_name>:8529 error running tests please examine
      t/logs/error_log".

      The error_log file contains the following error:

      failed to resolve handler 'TestHooks::trans' and
      several others.

      Please tell me what could be the issue??

      Thank you.

      http://sbc.yahoo.com
    • Philippe M. Chiasson
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 2, 2003
        On Wed, 2003-06-18 at 06:26, Ankur Jain wrote:
        > Hi,
        > I have RHL 8.0 and Apache2.0 running and perl
        > 5.8.0. I am trying to install the modperl2.0 It's
        > going fine till the make procedure but when I run the
        > "make test" it prompts that "no test server configured
        > please specify a httpd or apxs or put either in your
        > path. Eg: t/TEST -httpd /path/to/bin/httpd"
        >
        > I tried that and it ended with an error "server
        > <server_name>:8529 error running tests please examine
        > t/logs/error_log".
        >
        > The error_log file contains the following error:
        >
        > failed to resolve handler 'TestHooks::trans' and
        > several others.

        This is often a symptom of building and running tests as root.