Trouble with Apache::Request

  • K Old
    Message 1 of 19 , Jun 6, 2003
      Hello everyone,

      I'm having trouble getting Apache::Request installed on my Mandrake 9.0
      system. Let me first say that I'm not using the Apache that came with
      Mandrake 9.0. I downloaded Apache 1.3.27, mod_perl 1.27 and PHP 4.3.1
      sources and compiled and installed them. Everything works fine with
      Apache, mod_perl and PHP, except when I need to use Apache::Request
      (trying to use Alzabo browser interface). BTW, the version of Perl is
      5.8.0.

      When trying to build Apache::Request, here's what I get when I do the
      make test. I can force the install, but the same error comes up when I
      try to load Apache::Request as a PerlModule in httpd.conf or when Alzabo
      calls it.

      I've scoured mailing list, Google groups and books and can't find any
      help.

      Any chance I should build perl without the threads? I've heard that can
      be the cause of a lot of problems.

      make[1]: Entering directory `/root/.cpan/build/libapreq-1.1/c'
      make[1]: Leaving directory `/root/.cpan/build/libapreq-1.1/c'
      make[1]: Entering directory `/root/.cpan/build/libapreq-1.1/Request'
      make[1]: Leaving directory `/root/.cpan/build/libapreq-1.1/Request'
      make[1]: Entering directory `/root/.cpan/build/libapreq-1.1/Cookie'
      make[1]: Leaving directory `/root/.cpan/build/libapreq-1.1/Cookie'
      t/httpd -f `pwd`/t/httpd.conf
      Syntax error on line 31 of /root/.cpan/build/libapreq-1.1/t/httpd.conf:
      Can't load
      '/root/.cpan/build/libapreq-1.1/blib/arch/auto/Apache/Request/Request.so' for module Apache::Request: libapreq.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory at /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.0/i386-linux-thread-multi/DynaLoader.pm line 229.
      at /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0/i386-linux-thread-multi/mod_perl.pm
      line 14

      Any help is greatly appreciated!

      --
      K Old <kold.lists@...>
    • Kitch, David
      Message 2 of 19 , Jun 6, 2003
        Did you do a threaded build of Perl 5.8.0?
        You might try a non-threaded Perl build.

        Regards,
        Kitch
        dkitch@...

        Message 3 of 19 , Jun 6, 2003
          Kitch,

          No, I didn't build a threaded Perl, it seems to be the popular thing
          among any linux distro these days to build it with threads.

          I'll build a version without threads just to see if it works, as I'm out
          of things to try.

          Thanks,
          Kevin

        • Randy Kobes
          Message 4 of 19 , Jun 6, 2003
            On Fri, 6 Jun 2003, K Old wrote:

            > Hello everyone,
            >
            > I'm having trouble getting Apache::Request installed on my
            > Mandrake 9.0 system. Let me first say that I'm not using the
            > Apache that came with Mandrake 9.0. I downloaded Apache
            > 1.3.27, mod_perl 1.27 and PHP 4.3.1 sources and compiled and
            > installed them. Everything works fine with Apache, mod_perl
            > and PHP, except when I need to use Apache::Request (trying to
            > use Alzabo browser interface). BTW, the version of Perl is
            > 5.8.0.
            >
            > When trying to build Apache::Request, here's what I get when I
            > do the make test. I can force the install, but the same error
            > comes up when I try to load Apache::Request as a PerlModule in
            > httpd.conf or when Alzabo calls it.
            >
            > I've scoured mailing list, Google groups and books and can't find any
            > help.
            >
            > Any chance I should build perl without the threads? I've heard that can
            > be the cause of a lot of problems.
            [ .. ]
            > t/httpd -f `pwd`/t/httpd.conf Syntax error on line 31 of
            > /root/.cpan/build/libapreq-1.1/t/httpd.conf: Can't load
            > '/root/.cpan/build/libapreq-1.1/blib/arch/auto/Apache/Request/Request.so'
            > for module Apache::Request: libapreq.so.1: cannot open shared
            > object file: No such file or directory at
            > /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.0/i386-linux-thread-multi/DynaLoader.pm line
            > 229.
            > at /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0/i386-linux-thread-multi/mod_perl.pm
            > line 14
            > Compilation failed in require at (eval 16) line 3.
            >
            > Any help is greatly appreciated!

            If there's more than one Apache on your system, it may be that
            libapreq found the wrong one. Does it help any if you specify
            explicitly the desired Apache at the 'perl Makefile.PL' stage, as
            discussed in the install file of the distribution?

            --
            best regards,
            randy kobes
            Message 5 of 19 , Jun 6, 2003
              Hi there,

              On 6 Jun 2003, K Old wrote:

              > No, I didn't build a threaded Perl, it seems to be the popular thing
              > among any linux distro these days to build it with threads.
              >
              > I'll build a version without threads just to see if it works

              Want to run that by me again??

              > > I'm having trouble getting Apache::Request installed on my Mandrake 9.0
              [snip]
              > > make test. I can force the install, but the same error comes up when I
              > > try to load Apache::Request as a PerlModule in httpd.conf or when Alzabo
              > > calls it.

              Is it *exactly* the same error?

              > > Any chance I should build perl without the threads? I've heard that can
              > > be the cause of a lot of problems.

              Just Perl 5.8.0 can cause problems... do you have any others kicking around?
              I'm thinking of 5.7.2 for example (ducks in case Stas throws something :)
              which has done me good service. Wouldn't recommend 5.6.anything.

              [snip]
              > > t/httpd -f `pwd`/t/httpd.conf
              > > Syntax error on line 31 of /root/.cpan/build/libapreq-1.1/t/httpd.conf:
              > > Can't load '/root/.cpan/build/libapreq-1.1/blib/arch/auto/Apache/Request/Request.so' \
              > > for module Apache::Request: libapreq.so.1: cannot open shared object file: \
              > > No such file or directory
              [snip]

              Is there in fact no such file or directory?

              I don't like that it's even looking in there... Are you building it all
              as root? Bad idea generally, although -MCPAN does rather encourage it.

              73,
              Ged.
            • K Old
              Message 6 of 19 , Jun 6, 2003
                Hi Ged,

                On Fri, 2003-06-06 at 13:55, Ged Haywood wrote:
                > Hi there,
                >
                > On 6 Jun 2003, K Old wrote:
                >
                > > No, I didn't build a threaded Perl, it seems to be the popular thing
                > > among any linux distro these days to build it with threads.
                > >
                > > I'll build a version without threads just to see if it works
                >
                > Want to run that by me again??

                Mandrake 9.0 (and several other linux distros) come out of the box with
                Perl 5.8.0 built with threads. I'm guessing that having Perl compiled
                with threads might be what's causing the problem in getting
                Apache::Request installed.

                > > > I'm having trouble getting Apache::Request installed on my Mandrake 9.0
                > [snip]
                > > > make test. I can force the install, but the same error comes up when I
                > > > try to load Apache::Request as a PerlModule in httpd.conf or when Alzabo
                > > > calls it.
                >
                > Is it *exactly* the same error?

                Well, here are the errors I'm getting:

                When I *force* and install of Apache::Request and a script calls
                Apache::Request, this is in the error_log:
                [Fri Jun 6 17:27:31 2003] [error] Can't locate object method "new" via
                package "Apache::Request" at
                /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0/i386-linux-thread-multi/Apache/Request.pm
                line 22.

                This is from doing a make test when trying to install Apache::Request
                manually:

                Syntax error on line 31 of /root/.cpan/build/libapreq-1.1/t/httpd.conf:
                Can't load
                '/root/.cpan/build/libapreq-1.1/blib/arch/auto/Apache/Request/Request.so' for module Apache::Request: libapreq.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory at /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.0/i386-linux-thread-multi/DynaLoader.pm line 229.
                at /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0/i386-linux-thread-multi/mod_perl.pm
                line 14

                Still with the forced install of Apache::Request, if I try to call it
                from httpd.conf via PerlModule Apache::Request, I get this error.

                Syntax error on line 590 of /usr/local/apache/conf/httpd.conf:
                Can't load
                '/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0/i386-linux-thread-multi/auto/Apache/Request/Request.so' for module Apache::Request: libapreq.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory at /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.0/i386-linux-thread-multi/DynaLoader.pm line 229.
                at /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0/i386-linux-thread-multi/mod_perl.pm
                line 14

                > > > Any chance I should build perl without the threads? I've heard that can
                > > > be the cause of a lot of problems.
                >
                > Just Perl 5.8.0 can cause problems... do you have any others kicking around?
                > I'm thinking of 5.7.2 for example (ducks in case Stas throws something :)
                > which has done me good service. Wouldn't recommend 5.6.anything.

                I'm starting to agree. Just this afternoon I build Apache::Request
                without any problems on an RH 7.3 box with Perl 5.6.1 compiled without
                threads. Anyone else have Apache::Request running under Perl 5.8.0 with
                threads enabled?

                > [snip]
                > > > t/httpd -f `pwd`/t/httpd.conf
                > > > Syntax error on line 31 of /root/.cpan/build/libapreq-1.1/t/httpd.conf:
                > > > Can't load '/root/.cpan/build/libapreq-1.1/blib/arch/auto/Apache/Request/Request.so' \
                > > > for module Apache::Request: libapreq.so.1: cannot open shared object file: \
                > > > No such file or directory
                > [snip]
                >
                > Is there in fact no such file or directory?

                The file Requests.so does exist and it is in the location being
                referenced. The permissions are 755.

                > I don't like that it's even looking in there... Are you building it all
                > as root? Bad idea generally, although -MCPAN does rather encourage it.

                Yeah, I hear ya on the CPAN thing....I am building it as root, but have
                tried it as a regular user and get the same errors....

                Any ideas?

                Thanks for your help,
                Kevin
                --
                K Old <kold.lists@...>
                Message 7 of 19 , Jun 6, 2003
                  [ CC'ing the apreq-dev list. In the future please post apreq build problems
                  questions to the apreq-dev list: http://httpd.apache.org/apreq/ ]

                  K Old, please try the httpd-apreq cvs version:

                  I just did:

                  % cd httpd-apreq
                  % perl-5.8.0-ithread Makefile.PL -httpd /home/httpd/httpd_perl/bin/httpd &&
                  make test
                  All tests successful.

                  This version will be soon released on CPAN, it wasn't released yet due to some
                  polishing of Apache::Test that is now used by Apache::Request for its test suite.

                  Here is how to get the cvs version:

                  % cvs -d :pserver:anoncvs@...:/home/cvspublic login
                  CVS password: anonymous
                  % cvs -d :pserver:anoncvs@...:/home/cvspublic co httpd-apreq
                  % cd httpd-apreq
                  % cvs -d :pserver:anoncvs@...:/home/cvspublic co \
                  -d Apache-Test httpd-test/perl-framework/Apache-Test

                  notice that in the example above, you need to adjust a path to your httpd and
                  of course the path to perl, perl-5.8.0-ithread in my case is a symlink to
                  perl-5.8.0 built with threads.

                  If your problem still persists please post the output of your 'perl -V' that
                  you have used to build Apache::Request

                • K Old
                  Message 8 of 19 , Jun 6, 2003
                    On Fri, 2003-06-06 at 20:07, Stas Bekman wrote:
                    > [ CC'ing the apreq-dev list. In the future please post apreq build problems
                    > questions to the apreq-dev list: http://httpd.apache.org/apreq/ ]
                    >
                    > K Old, please try the httpd-apreq cvs version:
                    >
                    > I just did:
                    >
                    > % cd httpd-apreq
                    > % perl-5.8.0-ithread Makefile.PL -httpd /home/httpd/httpd_perl/bin/httpd &&
                    > make test
                    > All tests successful.
                    >
                    > This version will be soon released on CPAN, it wasn't released yet due to some
                    > polishing of Apache::Test that is now used by Apache::Request for its test suite.

                    Stas, thanks for your reply. I downloaded the CVS source and it still
                    failed all tests. Below is the output from make test and the output
                    from perl -V. Any help is appreciated!

                    Output from 'make test'

                    /usr/bin/perl5.8.0 -Iblib/arch -Iblib/lib \
                    t/TEST -clean
                    *** setting ulimit to allow core files
                    ulimit -c unlimited; t/TEST -clean
                    APACHE_USER= APACHE_GROUP= APACHE_PORT= APACHE= APXS= \
                    /usr/bin/perl5.8.0 -Iblib/arch -Iblib/lib \
                    t/TEST -verbose=0
                    *** setting ulimit to allow core files
                    ulimit -c unlimited; t/TEST -verbose=0
                    /usr/local/apache/bin/httpd -X -d /home/kold/tmp/httpd-apreq/t -f
                    /home/kold/tmp/httpd-apreq/t/conf/httpd.conf -DAPACHE1
                    -DPERL_USEITHREADS
                    using Apache/1.3.27

                    waiting for server to start: .
                    waiting for server to start: ok (waited 0 secs)
                    server localhost.localdomain:8529 started
                    apreq/big_input....NOK 1# Failed test 1 in apreq/big_input.t at line
                    40
                    apreq/big_input....NOK 2# Failed test 2 in apreq/big_input.t at line 40
                    fail #2
                    apreq/big_input....NOK 3# Failed test 3 in apreq/big_input.t at line 40
                    fail #3
                    apreq/big_input....NOK 4# Failed test 4 in apreq/big_input.t at line 40
                    fail #4
                    apreq/big_input....NOK 5# Failed test 5 in apreq/big_input.t at line 40
                    fail #5
                    apreq/big_input....NOK 6# Failed test 6 in apreq/big_input.t at line 40
                    fail #6
                    apreq/big_input....NOK 7# Failed test 7 in apreq/big_input.t at line 40
                    fail #7
                    apreq/big_input....NOK 8# Failed test 8 in apreq/big_input.t at line 40
                    fail #8
                    apreq/big_input....NOK 9# Failed test 9 in apreq/big_input.t at line 40
                    fail #9
                    apreq/big_input....NOK 10# Failed test 10 in apreq/big_input.t at line
                    63
                    apreq/big_input....NOK 11# Failed test 11 in apreq/big_input.t at line
                    63 fail #2
                    apreq/big_input....NOK 12# Failed test 12 in apreq/big_input.t at line
                    63 fail #3
                    apreq/big_input....NOK 13# Failed test 13 in apreq/big_input.t at line
                    63 fail #4
                    apreq/big_input....NOK 14# Failed test 14 in apreq/big_input.t at line
                    63 fail #5
                    apreq/big_input....NOK 15# Failed test 15 in apreq/big_input.t at line
                    63 fail #6
                    apreq/big_input....NOK 16# Failed test 16 in apreq/big_input.t at line
                    63 fail #7
                    apreq/big_input....NOK 17# Failed test 17 in apreq/big_input.t at line
                    63 fail #8
                    apreq/big_input....NOK 18# Failed test 18 in apreq/big_input.t at line
                    63 fail #9
                    apreq/big_input....NOK 19# Failed test 19 in apreq/big_input.t at line
                    63 fail #10
                    apreq/big_input....NOK 20# Failed test 20 in apreq/big_input.t at line
                    63 fail #11
                    apreq/big_input....NOK 21# Failed test 21 in apreq/big_input.t at line
                    63 fail #12
                    apreq/big_input....FAILED tests
                    1-21
                    Failed 21/21 tests, 0.00% okay
                    apreq/cookie.......NOK 1# Failed test 1 in apreq/cookie.t at line
                    20
                    apreq/cookie.......FAILED test
                    1
                    Failed 1/1 tests, 0.00% okay
                    apreq/inherit......NOK 1# Failed test 1 in apreq/inherit.t at line
                    11
                    apreq/inherit......FAILED test
                    1
                    Failed 1/1 tests, 0.00% okay
                    apreq/request......NOK 1# Failed test 1 in apreq/request.t at line
                    18
                    apreq/request......NOK 2# Failed test 2 in apreq/request.t at line 26
                    apreq/request......FAILED tests
                    1-2
                    Failed 2/2 tests, 0.00% okay
                    Failed Test Stat Wstat Total Fail Failed List of Failed
                    apreq/big_input.t 21 21 100.00% 1-21
                    apreq/cookie.t 1 1 100.00% 1
                    apreq/inherit.t 1 1 100.00% 1
                    apreq/request.t 2 2 100.00% 1-2
                    *** server localhost.localdomain:8529 shutdown
                    !!! error running tests (please examine t/logs/error_log)
                    make: *** [run_tests] Error 1

                    Here's my output from "perl -V":

                    [kold@kold httpd-apreq]$ perl -V
                    Summary of my perl5 (revision 5.0 version 8 subversion 0) configuration:
                    Platform:
                    osname=linux, osvers=2.4.19-2mdkenterprise,
                    archname=i386-linux-thread-multi uname='linux no.mandrakesoft.com
                    2.4.19-2mdkenterprise #1 smp tue aug 13 00:17:42 cest 2002 i686 unknown
                    unknown gnulinux '
                    config_args='-des -Darchname=i386-linux -Dcc=gcc -Doptimize=-O3
                    -fomit-frame-pointer -pipe -mcpu=pentiumpro -march=i586 -ffast-math
                    -fno-strength-reduce -Dprefix=/usr -Dvendorprefix=/usr -Dsiteprefix=/usr
                    -Dman3ext=3pm -Dcf_by=MandrakeSoft -Dmyhostname=localhost
                    -Dperladmin=root@localhost -Dd_dosuid -Ud_csh -Duseshrplib -Dusethreads'
                    usethreads=define use5005threads=undef useithreads=define
                    usemultiplicity=define
                    useperlio=define d_sfio=undef uselargefiles=define usesocks=undef
                    use64bitint=undef use64bitall=undef uselongdouble=undef
                    usemymalloc=n, bincompat5005=undef
                    Compiler:
                    cc='gcc', ccflags ='-D_REENTRANT -D_GNU_SOURCE -fno-strict-aliasing
                    -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -I/usr/include/gdbm',
                    optimize='-O3 -fomit-frame-pointer -pipe -mcpu=pentiumpro
                    -march=i586 -ffast-math -fno-strength-reduce',
                    cppflags='-D_REENTRANT -D_GNU_SOURCE -fno-strict-aliasing
                    -I/usr/include/gdbm'
                    ccversion='', gccversion='3.2 (Mandrake Linux 9.0 3.2-1mdk)',
                    gccosandvers=''
                    intsize=4, longsize=4, ptrsize=4, doublesize=8, byteorder=1234
                    d_longlong=define, longlongsize=8, d_longdbl=define, longdblsize=12
                    ivtype='long', ivsize=4, nvtype='double', nvsize=8, Off_t='off_t',
                    lseeksize=8
                    alignbytes=4, prototype=define
                    Linker and Libraries:
                    ld='gcc', ldflags =' -L/usr/local/lib'
                    libpth=/usr/local/lib /lib /usr/lib
                    libs=-lnsl -lndbm -lgdbm -ldl -lm -lpthread -lc -lcrypt -lutil
                    perllibs=-lnsl -ldl -lm -lpthread -lc -lcrypt -lutil
                    libc=/lib/libc-2.2.5.so, so=so, useshrplib=true, libperl=libperl.so
                    gnulibc_version='2.2.5'
                    Dynamic Linking:
                    dlsrc=dl_dlopen.xs, dlext=so, d_dlsymun=undef, ccdlflags='-rdynamic
                    -Wl,-rpath,/usr/lib/perl5/5.8.0/i386-linux-thread-multi/CORE'
                    cccdlflags='-fpic', lddlflags='-shared -L/usr/local/lib'

                    Compile-time options: MULTIPLICITY USE_ITHREADS USE_LARGE_FILES
                    PERL_IMPLICIT_CONTEXT
                    Built under linux
                    Compiled at Sep 6 2002 23:24:44
                    @INC:
                    /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.0/i386-linux-thread-multi
                    /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.0
                    /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0/i386-linux-thread-multi
                    /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0
                    /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl
                    /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.0/i386-linux-thread-multi
                    /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.0
                    /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl

                    Any help is appreciated!

                    --
                    K Old <kold.lists@...>
                    Message 9 of 19 , Jun 6, 2003
                      K Old wrote:
                      > On Fri, 2003-06-06 at 20:07, Stas Bekman wrote:
                      >
                      >>[ CC'ing the apreq-dev list. In the future please post apreq build problems
                      >>questions to the apreq-dev list: http://httpd.apache.org/apreq/ ]
                      >>
                      >>K Old, please try the httpd-apreq cvs version:
                      >>
                      >>I just did:
                      >>
                      >>% cd httpd-apreq
                      >>% perl-5.8.0-ithread Makefile.PL -httpd /home/httpd/httpd_perl/bin/httpd &&
                      >>make test
                      >>All tests successful.
                      >>
                      >>This version will be soon released on CPAN, it wasn't released yet due to some
                      >>polishing of Apache::Test that is now used by Apache::Request for its test suite.
                      >>

                      > Stas, thanks for your reply. I downloaded the CVS source and it still
                      > failed all tests. Below is the output from make test and the output
                      > from perl -V. Any help is appreciated!
                      >
                      > Output from 'make test'
                      >
                      > /usr/bin/perl5.8.0 -Iblib/arch -Iblib/lib \

                      > Failed Test Stat Wstat Total Fail Failed List of Failed
                      > apreq/big_input.t 21 21 100.00% 1-21
                      > apreq/cookie.t 1 1 100.00% 1
                      > apreq/inherit.t 1 1 100.00% 1
                      > apreq/request.t 2 2 100.00% 1-2
                      > *** server localhost.localdomain:8529 shutdown
                      > !!! error running tests (please examine t/logs/error_log)

                      ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

                      > make: *** [run_tests] Error 1

                      well, if you don't post what's in your t/logs/error_log how can we tell what
                      the problem is?

                      But i suspect that the problem is the same as in your original report - can't
                      find the .so. right?

                      > Here's my output from "perl -V":
                      [...]
                      Looks similar to mine. The only difference I have is that mine is compiled
                      with debugging enabled, shouldn't make any crucial difference.

                      Are you sure that you have only one perl? You have used:

                      /usr/bin/perl5.8.0 -Iblib/arch -Iblib/lib ...

                      but reported:
                      [kold@kold httpd-apreq]$ perl -V

                      is perl in your PATH and /usr/bin/perl5.8.0 are the same thing?

                      I suspect that your real problem is with mod_perl (if it's prepackaged). Can
                      you try scratching your existing mod_perl (if it's an rpm, rpm -e this
                      package). and install it from scratch, then try again building apreq?

                    • Randy Kobes
                      Message 10 of 19 , Jun 6, 2003
                        On Fri, 7 Jun 2003, K Old wrote:

                        > On Fri, 2003-06-06 at 20:07, Stas Bekman wrote:
                        > > [ CC'ing the apreq-dev list. In the future please post apreq
                        > > build problems questions to the apreq-dev list:
                        > > http://httpd.apache.org/apreq/ ]
                        > >
                        > > K Old, please try the httpd-apreq cvs version:
                        [ .. ]
                        > Stas, thanks for your reply. I downloaded the CVS source and it still
                        > failed all tests. Below is the output from make test and the output
                        > from perl -V. Any help is appreciated!
                        >
                        > Output from 'make test'
                        [ .. ]
                        > Failed Test Stat Wstat Total Fail Failed List of Failed
                        > apreq/big_input.t 21 21 100.00% 1-21
                        > apreq/cookie.t 1 1 100.00% 1
                        > apreq/inherit.t 1 1 100.00% 1
                        > apreq/request.t 2 2 100.00% 1-2

                        Are you running the tests as root? If so, does running them
                        under another user make any difference?

                        > Here's my output from "perl -V":
                        [ .. ]

                        As well as what Stas suggested about checking that the
                        right Perl is being invoked, in your @INC:

                        > @INC:
                        > /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.0/i386-linux-thread-multi
                        > /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.0
                        > /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0/i386-linux-thread-multi
                        > /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0
                        > /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl
                        > /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.0/i386-linux-thread-multi
                        > /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.0
                        > /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl

                        might there be more than one mod_perl installation, and the
                        wrong one is being picked up?

                        --
                        best regards,
                        randy kobes
                        Message 11 of 19 , Jun 7, 2003
                          Hi there,

                          (Replying to off-list post just this once:}

                          On 6 Jun 2003, K Old wrote:

                          > Mandrake 9.0 (and several other linux distros) come out of the box with
                          > Perl 5.8.0 built with threads.

                          Ah. For some reason I was thinking you'd built the Perl yourself.

                          > I'm guessing that having Perl compiled with threads might be what's
                          > causing the problem

                          So are you telling me you built Apache and mod_perl but you didn't
                          build the Perl? That could be a problem. The standard advice is
                          that the same compiler must be used to build Perl and mod_perl.

                          > Just this afternoon I build Apache::Request without any problems on
                          > an RH 7.3 box with Perl 5.6.1 compiled without threads.

                          Nothing wrong with 5.6.1 if you can use that.

                          73,
                          Ged.
                        • Randy Kobes
                          Message 12 of 19 , Jun 7, 2003
                            On Fri, 7 Jun 2003, K Old wrote:
                            [ .. ]
                            > Stas, thanks for your reply. I downloaded the CVS source and
                            > it still failed all tests. Below is the output from make test
                            > and the output from perl -V. Any help is appreciated!

                            Another thing that may be worth trying - if you've installed
                            libapreq, try going back to the mod_perl sources and running
                            those tests again. Do the modules/request.t and modules/cookie.t
                            tests pass, or if not, do you receive the same errors?

                            --
                            best regards,
                            randy
                            Message 13 of 19 , Jun 8, 2003
                              On Sun, 2003-06-08 at 01:50, Randy Kobes wrote:
                              > On Fri, 7 Jun 2003, K Old wrote:
                              > [ .. ]
                              > > Stas, thanks for your reply. I downloaded the CVS source and
                              > > it still failed all tests. Below is the output from make test
                              > > and the output from perl -V. Any help is appreciated!
                              >
                              > Another thing that may be worth trying - if you've installed
                              > libapreq, try going back to the mod_perl sources and running
                              > those tests again. Do the modules/request.t and modules/cookie.t
                              > tests pass, or if not, do you receive the same errors?

                              Well, I've recompile a fresh version of Perl 5.8.0 (without threads),
                              Apache, mod_perl and PHP and still no luck....on that box. I have
                              another Mandrake 9.0 box and tried to compile the new libapreq that Stas
                              pointed to from CVS and got the following errors.... Any suggestions?

                              I did:

                              perl Makefile.PL -httpd /usr/sbin/httpd && make test

                              And got:

                              In file included from apache_request.c:59:
                              apache_request.h:5:19: httpd.h: No such file or directory
                              apache_request.h:6:25: http_config.h: No such file or directory
                              apache_request.h:7:23: http_core.h: No such file or directory
                              apache_request.h:8:22: http_log.h: No such file or directory
                              apache_request.h:9:23: http_main.h: No such file or directory
                              apache_request.h:10:27: http_protocol.h: No such file or directory
                              apache_request.h:11:25: util_script.h: No such file or dmake[1]: Leaving
                              directory `/root/tmp/httpd-apreq/c'
                              pache_request.h:38: parse error before "table"
                              apache_request.h:38: warning: no semicolon at end of struct or union
                              apache_request.h:47: parse error before '*' token
                              apache_request.h:47: warning: data definition has no type or storage
                              class
                              apache_request.h:49: parse error before '}' token
                              apache_request.h:49: warning: data definition has no type or storage
                              class
                              apache_request.h:56: parse error before "table"
                              apache_request.h:56: warning: no semicolon at end of struct or union
                              apache_request.h:57: warning: data definition has no type or storage
                              class
                              apache_request.h:59: parse error before '*' token
                              apache_request.h:59: warning: data definition has no type or storage
                              class
                              apache_request.h:60: parse error before '}' token
                              apache_request.h:90: parse error before '*' token
                              apache_request.h:90: parse error before '*' token
                              apache_request.h:90: warning: data definition has no type or storage
                              class
                              apache_request.h:91: parse error before '*' token
                              apache_request.h:92: parse error before '*' token
                              apache_request.h:93: parse error before '*' token
                              apache_request.h:94: parse error before '*' token
                              apache_request.h:95: parse error before '*' token
                              apache_request.h:96: parse error before '*' token
                              apache_request.h:96: parse error before '*' token
                              apache_request.h:96: warning: data definition has no type or storage
                              class
                              apache_request.h:97: parse error before '*' token
                              apache_request.h:98: parse error before '*' token
                              apache_request.h:101: parse error before '*' token
                              apache_request.h:101: parse error before '*' token
                              apache_request.h:101: warning: data definition has no type or storage
                              class
                              apache_request.h:102: parse error before '*' token
                              apache_request.h:102: parse error before '*' token
                              apache_request.h:102: warning: data definition has no type or storage
                              class
                              apache_request.h:104: parse error before '*' token
                              apache_request.h:104: parse error before '*' token
                              apache_request.h:104: warning: data definition has no type or storage
                              class
                              apache_request.h:105: parse error before '*' token
                              apache_request.h:124: parse error before '*' token
                              apache_request.h:127: parse error before '*' token
                              In file included from apache_request.c:60:
                              apache_multipart_buffer.h:16: parse error before "request_rec"
                              apache_multipart_buffer.h:16: warning: no semicolon at end of struct or
                              union
                              apache_multipart_buffer.h:29: parse error before '}' token
                              apache_multipart_buffer.h:29: warning: data definition has no type or
                              storage class
                              apache_multipart_buffer.h:31: parse error before '*' token
                              apache_multipart_buffer.h:32: parse error before "request_rec"
                              apache_multipart_buffer.h:32: warning: data definition has no type or
                              storage class
                              apache_multipart_buffer.h:33: parse error before '*' token
                              apache_multipart_buffer.h:33: parse error before '*' token
                              apache_multipart_buffer.h:33: warning: data definition has no type or
                              storage class
                              apache_multipart_buffer.h:34: parse error before '*' token
                              apache_multipart_buffer.h:35: parse error before '*' token
                              apache_multipart_buffer.h:36: parse error before '*' token
                              apache_request.c:61: parse error before '*' token
                              apache_request.c:69: parse error before '*' token
                              apache_request.c: In function `util_read':
                              apache_request.c:71: `request_rec' undeclared (first use in this
                              function)
                              apache_request.c:71: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
                              apache_request.c:71: for each function it appears in.)
                              apache_request.c:71: request for member `r' in something not a structure
                              or union
                              apache_request.c:72: `OK' undeclared (first use in this function)
                              apache_request.c:74: `REQUEST_CHUNKED_ERROR' undeclared (first use in
                              this function)
                              apache_request.c:79: `HUGE_STRING_LEN' undeclared (first use in this
                              function)
                              apache_request.c:81: request for member `remaining' in something not a
                              structure or union
                              apache_request.c:83: request for member `post_max' in something not a
                              structure or union
                              apache_request.c:83: request for member `post_max' in something not a
                              structure or union
                              apache_request.c:84: `APLOG_MARK' undeclared (first use in this
                              function)
                              apache_request.c:84: `APLOG_NOERRNO' undeclared (first use in this
                              function)
                              apache_request.c:84: `APLOG_ERR' undeclared (first use in this function)
                              apache_request.c:84: request for member `r' in something not a structure
                              or union
                              apache_request.c:85: request for member `post_max' in something not a
                              structure or union
                              apache_request.c:86: `HTTP_REQUEST_ENTITY_TOO_LARGE' undeclared (first
                              use in this function)
                              apache_request.c:89: `rbuf' undeclared (first use in this function)
                              apache_request.c:89: request for member `pool' in something not a
                              structure or union
                              apache_request.c: At top level:
                              apache_request.c:111: parse error before '*' token
                              apache_request.c: In function `ApacheRequest_script_name':
                              apache_request.c:113: `request_rec' undeclared (first use in this
                              function)
                              apache_request.c:113: request for member `r' in something not a
                              structure or union
                              apache_request.c:116: request for member `path_info' in something not a
                              structure or union
                              apache_request.c:116: request for member `path_info' in something not a
                              structure or union
                              apache_request.c:117: request for member `uri' in something not a
                              structure or union
                              apache_request.c:117: request for member `path_info' in something not a
                              structure or union
                              apache_request.c:118: request for member `pool' in something not a
                              structure or union
                              apache_request.c:118: request for member `uri' in something not a
                              structure or union
                              apache_request.c:118: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer
                              without a cast
                              apache_request.c:121: request for member `uri' in something not a
                              structure or union
                              apache_request.c: At top level:
                              apache_request.c:127: parse error before '*' token
                              apache_request.c: In function `ApacheRequest_script_path':
                              apache_request.c:129: request for member `r' in something not a
                              structure or union
                              apache_request.c:129: warning: return makes pointer from integer without
                              a cast
                              apache_request.c: At top level:
                              apache_request.c:132: parse error before '*' token
                              apache_request.c: In function `ApacheRequest_param':
                              apache_request.c:134: request for member `status' in something not a
                              structure or union
                              apache_request.c:134: request for member `parsed' in something not a
                              structure or union
                              apache_request.c:134: request for member `status' in something not a
                              structure or union
                              apache_request.c:135: request for member `parms' in something not a
                              structure or union
                              apache_request.c:135: `key' undeclared (first use in this function)
                              apache_request.c:135: warning: return makes pointer from integer without
                              a cast
                              apache_request.c: In function `make_params':
                              apache_request.c:140: `array_header' undeclared (first use in this
                              function)
                              apache_request.c:140: `arr' undeclared (first use in this function)
                              apache_request.c:140: parse error before ')' token
                              apache_request.c: At top level:
                              apache_request.c:145: parse error before '*' token
                              apache_request.c:145: parse error before '*' token
                              apache_request.c: In function `ApacheRequest_params':
                              apache_request.c:147: `array_header' undeclared (first use in this
                              function)
                              apache_request.c:147: `values' undeclared (first use in this function)
                              apache_request.c:147: request for member `r' in something not a
                              structure or union
                              apache_request.c:148: request for member `status' in something not a
                              structure or union
                              apache_request.c:148: request for member `parsed' in something not a
                              structure or union
                              apache_request.c:148: request for member `status' in something not a
                              structure or union
                              apache_request.c:149: request for member `parms' in something not a
                              structure or union
                              apache_request.c:149: `key' undeclared (first use in this function)
                              apache_request.c:149: `NULL' undeclared (first use in this function)
                              apache_request.c: At top level:
                              apache_request.c:153: parse error before '*' token
                              apache_request.c: In function `ApacheRequest_params_as_string':
                              apache_request.c:155: `NULL' undeclared (first use in this function)
                              apache_request.c:156: `array_header' undeclared (first use in this
                              function)
                              apache_request.c:156: `values' undeclared (first use in this function)
                              apache_request.c:156: `key' undeclared (first use in this function)
                              apache_request.c:160: request for member `r' in something not a
                              structure or union
                              apache_request.c:164: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer
                              without a cast
                              apache_request.c: At top level:
                              apache_request.c:170: parse error before '*' token
                              apache_request.c:170: parse error before '*' token
                              apache_request.c: In function `ApacheRequest_query_params':
                              apache_request.c:172: `array_header' undeclared (first use in this
                              function)
                              apache_request.c:172: `a' undeclared (first use in this function)
                              apache_request.c:172: `p' undeclared (first use in this function)
                              apache_request.c:173: `b' undeclared (first use in this function)
                              apache_request.c:173: parse error before ')' token
                              apache_request.c:176: request for member `nargs' in something not a
                              structure or union
                              apache_request.c:179: `table_entry' undeclared (first use in this
                              function)
                              apache_request.c:180: `table' undeclared (first use in this function)
                              apache_request.c:180: parse error before ')' token
                              apache_request.c: At top level:
                              apache_request.c:183: parse error before '*' token
                              apache_request.c:183: parse error before '*' token
                              apache_request.c: In function `ApacheRequest_post_params':
                              apache_request.c:185: `array_header' undeclared (first use in this
                              function)
                              apache_request.c:185: `a' undeclared (first use in this function)
                              apache_request.c:185: `p' undeclared (first use in this function)
                              apache_request.c:186: `b' undeclared (first use in this function)
                              apache_request.c:186: parse error before ')' token
                              apache_request.c:188: `table_entry' undeclared (first use in this
                              function)
                              apache_request.c:188: parse error before ')' token
                              apache_request.c:189: request for member `nargs' in something not a
                              structure or union
                              apache_request.c:193: `table' undeclared (first use in this function)
                              apache_request.c:193: parse error before ')' token
                              apache_request.c: At top level:
                              apache_request.c:196: parse error before '*' token
                              apache_request.c: In function `ApacheUpload_new':
                              apache_request.c:199: request for member `r' in something not a
                              structure or union
                              apache_request.c:199: sizeof applied to an incomplete type
                              apache_request.c:201: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
                              apache_request.c:201: `NULL' undeclared (first use in this function)
                              apache_request.c:202: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
                              apache_request.c:203: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
                              apache_request.c:204: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
                              apache_request.c:205: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
                              apache_request.c:206: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
                              apache_request.c: In function `ApacheUpload_find':
                              apache_request.c:215: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
                              apache_request.c:216: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
                              apache_request.c:221: `NULL' undeclared (first use in this function)
                              apache_request.c: At top level:
                              apache_request.c:224: parse error before '*' token
                              apache_request.c:224: parse error before '*' token
                              apache_request.c: In function `ApacheRequest_new':
                              apache_request.c:226: invalid operands to binary *
                              apache_request.c:226: parse error before ')' token
                              apache_request.c:229: request for member `status' in something not a
                              structure or union
                              apache_request.c:229: `OK' undeclared (first use in this function)
                              apache_request.c:230: request for member `parms' in something not a
                              structure or union
                              apache_request.c:230: request for member `pool' in something not a
                              structure or union
                              apache_request.c:231: request for member `upload' in something not a
                              structure or union
                              apache_request.c:231: `NULL' undeclared (first use in this function)
                              apache_request.c:232: request for member `post_max' in something not a
                              structure or union
                              apache_request.c:233: request for member `disable_uploads' in something
                              not a structure or union
                              apache_request.c:234: request for member `upload_hook' in something not
                              a structure or union
                              apache_request.c:235: request for member `hook_data' in something not a
                              structure or union
                              apache_request.c:236: request for member `temp_dir' in something not a
                              structure or union
                              apache_request.c:237: request for member `parsed' in something not a
                              structure or union
                              apache_request.c:238: request for member `r' in something not a
                              structure or union
                              apache_request.c:239: request for member `nargs' in something not a
                              structure or union
                              apache_request.c: In function `ap_unescape_url_u':
                              apache_request.c:352: `BAD_REQUEST' undeclared (first use in this
                              function)
                              apache_request.c:354: `NOT_FOUND' undeclared (first use in this
                              function)
                              apache_request.c:356: `OK' undeclared (first use in this function)
                              apache_request.c: At top level:
                              apache_request.c:361: parse error before '*' token
                              apache_request.c: In function `my_urlword':
                              apache_request.c:363: `NULL' undeclared (first use in this function)
                              apache_request.c:364: `line' undeclared (first use in this function)
                              apache_request.c:371: `p' undeclared (first use in this function)
                              apache_request.c:371: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer
                              without a cast
                              apache_request.c: At top level:
                              apache_request.c:384: parse error before '*' token
                              apache_request.c: In function `split_to_parms':
                              apache_request.c:386: `request_rec' undeclared (first use in this
                              function)
                              apache_request.c:386: request for member `r' in something not a
                              structure or union
                              apache_request.c:389: `data' undeclared (first use in this function)
                              apache_request.c:389: request for member `pool' in something not a
                              structure or union
                              apache_request.c:390: request for member `pool' in something not a
                              structure or union
                              apache_request.c:390: warning: initialization makes pointer from integer
                              without a cast
                              apache_request.c:396: request for member `parms' in something not a
                              structure or union
                              apache_request.c: At top level:
                              apache_request.c:401: parse error before '*' token
                              apache_request.c: In function `ApacheRequest___parse':
                              apache_request.c:403: `request_rec' undeclared (first use in this
                              function)
                              apache_request.c:403: request for member `r' in something not a
                              structure or union
                              apache_request.c:406: request for member `args' in something not a
                              structure or union
                              apache_request.c:407: request for member `args' in something not a
                              structure or union
                              apache_request.c:408: request for member `nargs' in something not a
                              structure or union
                              apache_request.c:408: `array_header' undeclared (first use in this
                              function)
                              apache_request.c:408: parse error before ')' token
                              apache_request.c:411: request for member `method_number' in something
                              not a structure or union
                              apache_request.c:411: `M_POST' undeclared (first use in this function)
                              apache_request.c:412: request for member `headers_in' in something not a
                              structure or union
                              apache_request.c:412: warning: initialization makes pointer from integer
                              without a cast
                              apache_request.c:420: `APLOG_MARK' undeclared (first use in this
                              function)
                              apache_request.c:420: `APLOG_NOERRNO' undeclared (first use in this
                              function)
                              apache_request.c:420: `APLOG_ERR' undeclared (first use in this
                              function)
                              apache_request.c:420: request for member `r' in something not a
                              structure or union
                              apache_request.c:422: `HTTP_INTERNAL_SERVER_ERROR' undeclared (first use
                              in this function)
                              apache_request.c:429: request for member `parsed' in something not a
                              structure or union
                              apache_request.c: At top level:
                              apache_request.c:434: parse error before '*' token
                              apache_request.c: In function `ApacheRequest_parse_urlencoded':
                              apache_request.c:436: `request_rec' undeclared (first use in this
                              function)
                              apache_request.c:436: request for member `r' in something not a
                              structure or union
                              apache_request.c:437: `OK' undeclared (first use in this function)
                              apache_request.c:439: request for member `method_number' in something
                              not a structure or union
                              apache_request.c:439: `M_POST' undeclared (first use in this function)
                              apache_request.c:440: `NULL' undeclared (first use in this function)
                              apache_request.c:442: request for member `headers_in' in something not a
                              structure or union
                              apache_request.c:442: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer
                              without a cast
                              apache_request.c:445: `DECLINED' undeclared (first use in this function)
                              apache_request.c: In function `remove_tmpfile':
                              apache_request.c:460: invalid operands to binary *
                              apache_request.c:460: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
                              apache_request.c:462: request for member `r' in something not a
                              structure or union
                              apache_request.c:462: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
                              apache_request.c:463: `APLOG_MARK' undeclared (first use in this
                              function)
                              apache_request.c:463: `APLOG_NOERRNO' undeclared (first use in this
                              function)
                              apache_request.c:463: `APLOG_ERR' undeclared (first use in this
                              function)
                              apache_request.c:463: request for member `r' in something not a
                              structure or union
                              apache_request.c:464: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
                              apache_request.c:466: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
                              apache_request.c:467: request for member `r' in something not a
                              structure or union
                              apache_request.c:468: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
                              apache_request.c:471: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
                              apache_request.c: At top level:
                              apache_request.c:474: parse error before '*' token
                              apache_request.c:474: parse error before '*' token
                              apache_request.c: In function `ApacheRequest_tmpfile':
                              apache_request.c:476: `request_rec' undeclared (first use in this
                              function)
                              apache_request.c:476: request for member `r' in something not a
                              structure or union
                              apache_request.c:477: `FILE' undeclared (first use in this function)
                              apache_request.c:479: `NULL' undeclared (first use in this function)
                              apache_request.c:484: request for member `temp_dir' in something not a
                              structure or union
                              apache_request.c:484: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer
                              without a cast
                              apache_request.c:486: request for member `pool' in something not a
                              structure or union
                              apache_request.c:486: `O_CREAT' undeclared (first use in this function)
                              apache_request.c:486: `O_EXCL' undeclared (first use in this function)
                              apache_request.c:486: `O_RDWR' undeclared (first use in this function)
                              apache_request.c:486: `O_BINARY' undeclared (first use in this function)
                              apache_request.c:493: request for member `pool' in something not a
                              structure or union
                              apache_request.c:493: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer
                              without a cast
                              apache_request.c:494: `APLOG_MARK' undeclared (first use in this
                              function)
                              apache_request.c:494: `APLOG_NOERRNO' undeclared (first use in this
                              function)
                              apache_request.c:494: `APLOG_ERR' undeclared (first use in this
                              function)
                              apache_request.c:494: request for member `r' in something not a
                              structure or union
                              apache_request.c:499: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
                              apache_request.c:500: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
                              apache_request.c:501: request for member `pool' in something not a
                              structure or union
                              apache_request.c:502: `ap_null_cleanup' undeclared (first use in this
                              function)
                              apache_request.c: At top level:
                              apache_request.c:507: parse error before '*' token
                              apache_request.c: In function `ApacheRequest_parse_multipart':
                              apache_request.c:509: `request_rec' undeclared (first use in this
                              function)
                              apache_request.c:509: request for member `r' in something not a
                              structure or union
                              apache_request.c:510: `OK' undeclared (first use in this function)
                              apache_request.c:511: request for member `headers_in' in something not a
                              structure or union
                              apache_request.c:511: warning: initialization makes pointer from integer
                              without a cast
                              apache_request.c:514: `mbuff' undeclared (first use in this function)
                              apache_request.c:515: `NULL' undeclared (first use in this function)
                              apache_request.c:518: `APLOG_MARK' undeclared (first use in this
                              function)
                              apache_request.c:518: `APLOG_NOERRNO' undeclared (first use in this
                              function)
                              apache_request.c:518: `APLOG_ERR' undeclared (first use in this
                              function)
                              apache_request.c:518: request for member `r' in something not a
                              structure or union
                              apache_request.c:519: `HTTP_INTERNAL_SERVER_ERROR' undeclared (first use
                              in this function)
                              apache_request.c:522: `REQUEST_CHUNKED_ERROR' undeclared (first use in
                              this function)
                              apache_request.c:530: request for member `remaining' in something not a
                              structure or union
                              apache_request.c:530: request for member `post_max' in something not a
                              structure or union
                              apache_request.c:530: request for member `post_max' in something not a
                              structure or union
                              apache_request.c:531: request for member `r' in something not a
                              structure or union
                              apache_request.c:532: request for member `post_max' in something not a
                              structure or union
                              apache_request.c:533: `HTTP_REQUEST_ENTITY_TOO_LARGE' undeclared (first
                              use in this function)
                              apache_request.c:536: request for member `pool' in something not a
                              structure or union
                              apache_request.c:537: request for member `pool' in something not a
                              structure or union
                              apache_request.c:537: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer
                              without a cast
                              apache_request.c:540: `DECLINED' undeclared (first use in this function)
                              apache_request.c:544: `table' undeclared (first use in this function)
                              apache_request.c:544: `header' undeclared (first use in this function)
                              apache_request.c:561: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer
                              without a cast
                              apache_request.c:564: request for member `pool' in something not a
                              structure or union
                              apache_request.c:564: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer
                              without a cast
                              apache_request.c:571: request for member `pool' in something not a
                              structure or union
                              apache_request.c:571: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer
                              without a cast
                              apache_request.c:573: request for member `pool' in something not a
                              structure or union
                              apache_request.c:573: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer
                              without a cast
                              apache_request.c:576: request for member `pool' in something not a
                              structure or union
                              apache_request.c:576: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer
                              without a cast
                              apache_request.c:582: request for member `parms' in something not a
                              structure or union
                              apache_request.c:587: request for member `disable_uploads' in something
                              not a structure or union
                              apache_request.c:588: request for member `r' in something not a
                              structure or union
                              apache_request.c:589: `HTTP_FORBIDDEN' undeclared (first use in this
                              function)
                              apache_request.c:592: request for member `parms' in something not a
                              structure or union
                              apache_request.c:595: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
                              apache_request.c:596: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
                              apache_request.c:600: request for member `upload' in something not a
                              structure or union
                              apache_request.c:603: request for member `upload_hook' in something not
                              a structure or union
                              apache_request.c:607: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
                              apache_request.c:608: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
                              apache_request.c:608: request for member `r' in something not a
                              structure or union
                              apache_request.c:609: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
                              apache_request.c:609: request for member `r' in something not a
                              structure or union
                              apache_request.c:615: request for member `remaining' in something not a
                              structure or union
                              apache_request.c:620: request for member `upload_hook' in something not
                              a structure or union
                              apache_request.c:621: request for member `upload_hook' in something not
                              a structure or union
                              apache_request.c:621: request for member `hook_data' in something not a
                              structure or union
                              apache_request.c:623: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
                              apache_request.c:628: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
                              apache_request.c:631: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
                              apache_request.c:631: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
                              apache_request.c:632: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
                              apache_request.c: At top level:
                              apache_request.c:667: parse error before "expire_calc"
                              apache_request.c: In function `expire_calc':
                              apache_request.c:694: `NULL' undeclared (first use in this function)
                              apache_request.c: At top level:
                              apache_request.c:698: parse error before '*' token
                              apache_request.c: In function `ApacheUtil_expires':
                              apache_request.c:700: `time_t' undeclared (first use in this function)
                              apache_request.c:700: parse error before "when"
                              apache_request.c:702: `type' undeclared (first use in this function)
                              apache_request.c:704: `time_str' undeclared (first use in this function)
                              apache_request.c:705: `NULL' undeclared (first use in this function)
                              apache_request.c:708: `when' undeclared (first use in this function)
                              apache_request.c:711: `p' undeclared (first use in this function)
                              apache_request.c:711: warning: return makes pointer from integer without
                              a cast
                              apache_request.c:714: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer
                              without a cast
                              apache_request.c:717: `ap_day_snames' undeclared (first use in this
                              function)
                              apache_request.c:717: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
                              apache_request.c:718: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
                              apache_request.c:718: `ap_month_snames' undeclared (first use in this
                              function)
                              apache_request.c:718: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
                              apache_request.c:719: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
                              apache_request.c:720: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
                              apache_request.c:720: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
                              apache_request.c:720: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
                              apache_request.c:720: warning: return makes pointer from integer without
                              a cast
                              apache_request.c: At top level:
                              apache_request.c:723: parse error before '*' token
                              apache_request.c: In function `ApacheRequest_expires':
                              apache_request.c:725: request for member `r' in something not a
                              structure or union
                              apache_request.c:725: `time_str' undeclared (first use in this function)
                              make[1]: *** [apache_request.o] Error 1
                              make: *** [subdirs] Error 2

                              --
                              K Old <kold.lists@...>
                            • Randy Kobes
                              Message 14 of 19 , Jun 8, 2003
                                On Sun, 8 Jun 2003, K Old wrote:

                                > On Sun, 2003-06-08 at 01:50, Randy Kobes wrote:
                                > > On Fri, 7 Jun 2003, K Old wrote:
                                > > [ .. ]
                                > > > Stas, thanks for your reply. I downloaded the CVS source and
                                > > > it still failed all tests. Below is the output from make test
                                > > > and the output from perl -V. Any help is appreciated!
                                > >
                                > > Another thing that may be worth trying - if you've installed
                                > > libapreq, try going back to the mod_perl sources and running
                                > > those tests again. Do the modules/request.t and modules/cookie.t
                                > > tests pass, or if not, do you receive the same errors?
                                >
                                > Well, I've recompile a fresh version of Perl 5.8.0 (without threads),
                                > Apache, mod_perl and PHP and still no luck....on that box. I have
                                > another Mandrake 9.0 box and tried to compile the new libapreq that Stas
                                > pointed to from CVS and got the following errors.... Any suggestions?
                                >
                                > I did:
                                >
                                > perl Makefile.PL -httpd /usr/sbin/httpd && make test
                                >
                                > And got:
                                >
                                > In file included from apache_request.c:59:
                                > apache_request.h:5:19: httpd.h: No such file or directory
                                [ .. ]
                                Is /usr/sbin/httpd is a symbolic link to a real httpd, which
                                could be something like /usr/local/httpd/bin/httpd? And is this
                                httpd the one you compiled? If so, try giving the full path to
                                this httpd as the Makefile.PL argument (there should be a
                                /usr/local/httpd/include/ directory which has the header (.h)
                                files that couldn't be found).

                                --
                                best regards,
                                randy
                                Message 15 of 19 , Jul 31 4:48 AM
                                  >>On 6 Jun 2003, K Old wrote:

                                  [...]

                                  > Well, here are the errors I'm getting:
                                  >
                                  > When I *force* and install of Apache::Request and a script calls
                                  > Apache::Request, this is in the error_log:
                                  > [Fri Jun 6 17:27:31 2003] [error] Can't locate object method "new" via
                                  > package "Apache::Request" at
                                  > /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0/i386-linux-thread-multi/Apache/Request.pm
                                  > line 22.
                                  >
                                  > This is from doing a make test when trying to install Apache::Request
                                  > manually:
                                  >
                                  > Syntax error on line 31 of /root/.cpan/build/libapreq-1.1/t/httpd.conf:
                                  > Can't load
                                  > '/root/.cpan/build/libapreq-1.1/blib/arch/auto/Apache/Request/Request.so' for module Apache::Request: libapreq.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory at /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.0/i386-linux-thread-multi/DynaLoader.pm line 229.
                                  > at /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0/i386-linux-thread-multi/mod_perl.pm
                                  > line 14
                                  > Compilation failed in require at (eval 16) line 3.

                                  This patch resolves this problem:
                                  http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=apreq-dev&m=105965131008577&w=2

                                  it should go in in the next release.

                                  Message 16 of 19 , Jul 31 7:14 AM
                                    Glenn E. Bailey III wrote:
                                    > I had this exact same issue yesterday. I noticed that is was installing
                                    > the libapreq.so.1 in
                                    > /usr/local/lib and /usr/local/lib wasn't in my /etc/ld.so.conf file.
                                    > Just add /usr/local/lib
                                    > to your /etc/ld.so.conf file and then run "ldconfig" .. Worked for me
                                    > and I was messing with
                                    > the darn thing for about 3 hours.

                                    It shouldn't have installed it in first place. actually there are a few more
                                    patches on win32 that will go in soon. A new release will make those problems
                                    go away.

                                  • Glenn E. Bailey III

                                      Message 18 of 19 , Jul 31 4:46 PM
                                        Hi All,

                                        perl-5.8.0 + mp1.99_10.
                                        -----------------------

                                        I am having problem trying to get /perl-status work.

                                        It bombs out in Status.pm at the following location:

                                        if (eval {require Apache::Request}) {
                                        $newQ ||= sub { Apache::Request->new(@_) };
                                        }
                                        elsif (eval {require CGI}) {
                                        $newQ ||= sub { CGI->new; };
                                        }
                                        else {
                                        die "Need CGI.pm or Apache::Request to operate";

                                        But shouldn't "Apache::Request" be "Apache::RequestRec"?

                                        Sincerely,

                                        Jie
                                      • Randy Kobes
                                        Message 19 of 19 , Aug 4, 2003
                                          On Fri, 1 Aug 2003, Jie Gao wrote:

                                          > Hi All,
                                          >
                                          > perl-5.8.0 + mp1.99_10.
                                          > -----------------------
                                          >
                                          > I am having problem trying to get /perl-status work.
                                          >
                                          > It bombs out in Status.pm at the following location:

                                          > if (eval {require Apache::Request}) {
                                          > $newQ ||= sub { Apache::Request->new(@_) };
                                          > }
                                          > elsif (eval {require CGI}) {
                                          > $newQ ||= sub { CGI->new; };
                                          > }
                                          > else {
                                          > die "Need CGI.pm or Apache::Request to operate";
                                          >
                                          > But shouldn't "Apache::Request" be "Apache::RequestRec"?

                                          Apache::Request is part of the libapreq package, a port of
                                          which to Apache2 is still being developed.

                                          best regards,
                                          randy kobes