RE: Apache, Mod_PERL, and PERL

  • Ryan Farrington
    Message 1 of 11 , May 31, 2003
      Nm...

      -----Original Message-----
      From: Ged Haywood [mailto:ged@...]
      Sent: Saturday, May 31, 2003 4:59 PM
      To: Ryan Farrington
      Cc: modperl@...
      Subject: Re: Apache, Mod_PERL, and PERL

      Hi there,

      On Sat, 31 May 2003, Ryan Farrington wrote:

      > It was my assumption that apache allowed for the perl executable to be

      > loaded into memory and called from then on without having to worry
      > about creating the external process

      Well that sort of sounds right, but instead of making assumptions, why
      not read the Guide? You'll find it at

      http://perl.apache.org

      There's quite a lot to read (but around here we don't consider that to
      be an excuse for not reading it. :)

      > (ISAPI I think is what the reference said).

      I have no idea what you're talking about. Can you at least read enough
      to be able to tell us what it is you've got there and what you've read
      that you don't understand? It will help us to help you if you tell us
      things like which operating system, versions of Apache and mod_perl, how
      you've configured them, what Perl modules you're trying to use, what
      your scripts are supposed to do...

      > When I touch a .pl from the web the perl executable runs =(

      What else would you want it to do?

      73,
      Ged.
    • Issac Goldstand
      Message 2 of 11 , Jun 4, 2003
        Sorry for the late reply.

        http://epoch.beamartyr.net/umtest/form.html

        That's a development version, but there shouldn't be any noticable
        differences between that and the currect version. It's just configuration
        issue. One thing I did note is that MSIE 6 is not refreshing the meter...

        Issac

        Message 3 of 11 , Jun 4, 2003
          Feature or bug?
          Other debug info: Apache::Table=HASH(0xa1223ec)

          Here is what it told me when I used it.
          Upload Complete
          Detected upload field: TestUploadField
          Detected filename: /yame100.zip (320327 bytes)
          Reported MIME type: application/x-zip-compressed
          Spool file: /tmp/apreqHHY8vh

          Message 4 of 11 , Jun 4, 2003
            Feature. definately - That page is a seperate module called
            ApacheUploadMeterTest.pm whose sole purpose is to analyze the upload fields
            recieved in that request and report all information on them.

            It's not part of the Apache::UplaodMeter distro at all (Although up till
            version 0.22 I believe there was a "dummy" response handler included in it)

            REmember that the whole library is for the upload progress meter that pops
            up, not the response page :-)

            Issac