Re: Help: Problems compling mod_perl-1.x-dev on FreeBSD-4.8

  • Forrest Aldrich
    Message 1 of 9 , May 29, 2003
      I'm going to follow your instructions, thank you.

      One question, though, since it seems you're adding args to a file that gets
      passed to mod_perl's build process (which in turn builds httpd): how do
      you add/activate other modules to apache in this manner. PHP is a DSO
      (for me) so that's solved. But I have some others, for example one of my
      config commands:

      ./configure \
      --with-perl=/usr/local/bin/perl \
      --server-gid=nogroup \
      --suexec-docroot=/usr/local/apache/htdocs \
      --enable-module=most \
      --enable-module=auth_db \
      --enable-module=mmap_static \
      --enable-shared=max \
      --enable-module=ssl \
      --enable-rule=SHARED_CORE \
      --activate-module=src/modules/dosevasive/libdosevasive.a

      and so forth. I may have had the build process incorrect in the beginning,
      where first I would run a script to do:

      ./configure \
      --with-perl=/usr/local/bin/perl \
      --server-gid=nogroup \
      --suexec-docroot=/usr/local/apache/htdocs \
      --enable-module=most \
      --enable-module=auth_db \
      --enable-module=mmap_static \
      --add-module=src/modules/dosevasive/mod_dosevasive.c \
      --enable-shared=max

      I know that certain configuration parameters need to be set before you
      build Apache (like the Layout, which I customize).

      Thanks for your help.

    • Ged Haywood
      Message 2 of 9 , May 30, 2003
        Hi there,

        On Fri, 30 May 2003, Forrest Aldrich wrote:

        > how do you add/activate other modules to apache in this manner.

        Here's one I prepared earlier. Use caution, this is an old one and I
        haven't tested it lately. The documentation is in the Eagle Book, I
        don't know if it's in the CookBook, my copy is distant. Geoff might
        tell us.

        73,
        Ged.

        USE_APACI=1
        APACHE_PREFIX=/usr/local
        APACHE_SRC=../apache_1.3.22/src
        DO_HTTPD=1
        EVERYTHING=1
        ALL_HOOKS=1
        PERL_SSI=1
        PERL_SECTIONS=1
        APACI_ARGS=--sbindir=/usr/local/sbin/httpd_perl
        APACI_ARGS=--sysconfdir=/usr/local/apache/httpd_perl/conf
        APACI_ARGS=--runtimedir=/usr/local/apache/httpd_perl/run
        APACI_ARGS=--logfiledir=/usr/local/apache/httpd_perl/logs
        APACI_ARGS=--localstatedir=/usr/local/apache/httpd_perl/stat
        APACI_ARGS=--proxycachedir=/usr/local/apache/httpd_perl/proxy
        APACI_ARGS=--enable-module=rewrite
        APACI_ARGS=--enable-module=include
        APACI_ARGS=--enable-module=info
        APACI_ARGS=--enable-module=usertrack