mp2: request methods

  • Mark Laird Copper
    Message 1 of 3 , May 8, 2003
      NEWBIE QUESTION (sorry)

      On April 1, Stas Bekman wrote that nothing had changed with
      Apache::Request, in particular param was still the method for passing
      form data in.

      But hasn't *something* changed? For example, I get:
      #perl -MApache2 -MModPerl::MethodLookup -e print_method param
      Don't know anything about method 'param'

      I'm also having trouble with the RequestUtil constructor. Somehow,
      although "use Apache RequestUtil ();" is in my startup.pl, I still get
      the error:
      "Can't locate object method "new" via package "Apache::RequestUtil"
      (perhaps you forgot to load "Apache::RequestUtil"?)

      Is this related to the META for $r->args in the user manual? (when
      Apache::Request will be ported to mod_perl 2.0, you will have the fast C
      implementation of these functions.)

      Is a workaround simply to avoid Apache->request as recommended in the
      user manual? But then how *does* one parse the request string?

      Thanks.

      Mark
      Message 2 of 3 , May 8, 2003
        On Thu, 2003-05-08 at 11:37, Mark Laird Copper wrote:
        > On April 1, Stas Bekman wrote that nothing had changed with
        > Apache::Request, in particular param was still the method for passing
        > form data in.
        >
        > But hasn't *something* changed? For example, I get:
        > #perl -MApache2 -MModPerl::MethodLookup -e print_method param
        > Don't know anything about method 'param'

        He was talking about mod_perl 1.x. There currently is no support for
        Apache::Request in mod_perl 2. Use something like CGI.pm instead.

        Message 3 of 3 , May 8, 2003
          Perrin Harkins wrote:
          > On Thu, 2003-05-08 at 11:37, Mark Laird Copper wrote:
          >
          >>On April 1, Stas Bekman wrote that nothing had changed with
          >>Apache::Request, in particular param was still the method for passing
          >>form data in.

          Don't believe anything you read on April 1 ;)

          >>But hasn't *something* changed? For example, I get:
          >> #perl -MApache2 -MModPerl::MethodLookup -e print_method param
          >> Don't know anything about method 'param'
          >

          > He was talking about mod_perl 1.x. There currently is no support for
          > Apache::Request in mod_perl 2. Use something like CGI.pm instead.

          libapreq-2 is almost complete and looking for people to write the Perl glue
          for it. The ball is now on our ground.

          If you are interested in doing that, use the apreq-dev list. The subscription
          info is here: http://httpd.apache.org/apreq/