RE: Can't locate object method "RequestRec", upgrade ?

  • Ged Haywood
    Message 1 of 5 , May 2, 2003
      Hi there,

      On Fri, 2 May 2003, Marc M. Adkins wrote:

      > For the binary you might try (if I recall properly):
      >
      > whereis httpd

      which httpd

      might be safer.

      73,
      Ged.
    • Marc M. Adkins
      Message 2 of 5 , May 2, 2003
        > >> If I need/want to upgrade what to set as MP_AP_PREFIX ?
        > >
        > >if that's where you apache is, that's correct.
        >
        > I'm using the binary installation of apache came with RedHat 8.0,
        > I don't know where should I point MP_AP_PREFIX ?

        Having not built mod_perl I'm not sure what MP_AP_PREFIX is supposed to be,
        whether it's the location of the binary, library, or source directory.

        If I recall properly, many Apache installations have an installation
        directory that contains all of the above, a symbolic link from
        /usr/bin/httpd (or something like that) to the binary in the installation
        directory, and some configuration files somewhere under /etc. You're
        probably looking for the installation directory, but that's just a guess.

        For the binary you might try (if I recall properly):

        whereis httpd

        For everything else, there's always the arcane:

        find / -name 'apache*' -print

        which will search your entire hard disk and (probably) find your
        source/library/configuration directories.

        YMMV and I'm working mostly on W2K these days so I might be wa-a-ay off
        here.

        mma