Handler attributes

  • Marc M. Adkins
    Message 1 of 5 , May 1, 2003
      I have yet to be able to append an attribute to a handler function, e.g.:

      # ...

      use base qw(Apache::Filter);

      # ...

      sub handler : FilterRequestHandler # $filter

      # ...

      When I do this I get no information in the Apache error log. The page hangs
      for a moment and then goes away. When I remove the attribute it 'works'
      (right now it prints double, but that's undoubtedly some other error).

      Are these attributes actually necessary? What do they do? How do I get
      them to work?

      I thought I had seen a post regarding this but can't find it now.

      I am using:

      Apache 2.0
      mod_perl 1.99_09-dev
      ActiveState Perl build 804 (5.8.0)