Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache::Peek 1.01

    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 30, 2003
      Stas Bekman wrote:
      > The uploaded file
      >
      > Apache-Peek-1.01.tar.gz
      >
      > has entered CPAN as
      >
      > file: $CPAN/authors/id/S/ST/STAS/Apache-Peek-1.01.tar.gz
      > size: 26295 bytes
      > md5: 8807a259aec05e324d48aef7780d2272
      >
      > Changes:
      >
      > - initial port to 5.8 and mod_perl 2.0 (adding ppport.h, ithreads
      > support and using perlio layers where possible to talk to mp2)
      >
      > now supporting:
      > 5.005_0x all
      > 5.6.x only Dump()
      > 5.8.x (w/ -Duseperlio) all
      > 5.8.x (w/o -Duseperlio) none
      >
      > - added a test suite based on Apache::Test
      >
      > - taking over the maintenance of Apache::Peek

      Take a look at this module as it demonstates one of the ways to maintain
      totally different versions in the same distro. This distro includes *5*
      different implementations of Peek.pm and Peek.xs.

      You will notice that the second half of Makefile.PL includes several functions
      which will make your life as CPAN developers much simpler. Once this code is
      polished I'll release it in a separate package and bundle with both mod_perl
      distros, so that you can use them and shrink your Makefile.PL to a minimum.

      Also take a look at run_version_tests to see how I test this package against
      16 different builds of mp1 and mp2.

      And one more note: it requires Apache::Test 1.01 which I've just released on
      CPAN. Alternatively use the cvs version of mod_perl 2.0. 1.99_09 includes
      Apache::Test 1.00.