Re: Logging to DB

  • siberian@siberian.org
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 17, 2003
      I used DB based logs for awhile. It was 'sexy' in that you
      could do all sorts of fun real-time analysis on the
      contents etc. You could log to different DB's or just add
      a field 'host' or something.

      I stopped, it wasnt worth maintaining, people got tired of
      it and no one cared about 'sexy' anymore. I was afraid of
      potential performance hits, more data to back-up bla bla.
      I just outsource to webtrends live now, its cheaper then
      maintaining in house tools. I still keep the file logs but
      I never touch them unless its for something webtrends can
      not report on like file downloads.

      John-