Re: [mp2.0] W2000, Apache 2.0.45, mod_perl-2 1.99_09-dev crashes

    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 16 11:12 PM
      Randy Kobes wrote:
      > On Sat, 5 Apr 2003, Sebastian Breier wrote:
      > [ .. ]
      >
      >>Just had another thought... maybe you should indeed recompile
      >>mod_perl-2 with the older CVS sources, so I can try it out on
      >>Apache 2.0.45, and we can be 100% sure that this is the
      >>problem...
      >>
      >>Maybe the problem really is that the old binaries aren't
      >>compatible with the new Apache, but at the moment we just don't
      >>know. Trying it out would help.
      >

      > Stas heroically managed to track down the problem with the
      > current cvs sources on Win32; the mod_perl ppm package at
      > http://theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca/ppms/ now is compiled against these
      > sources, with Apache 2.0.45.

      Nothing spectacular here, just a routine remote surgery ;)

      Serously, I've just hidden the cause of the problem, which will be resurfaced
      and resolved in the post-1.99_09 release.

      Please test the current cvs on all platforms and all perl/apache
      configurations you can and report any problems asap. We want to get 1.99_09
      out of the door asap. I'll post a release candidate soonish, but the current
      cvs is a good one to work with. You can get a snapshot/cvs here:
      http://perl.apache.org/download/source.html#Development_mod_perl_2_0_Source_Distribution