problem building on win32

  • mike c
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 11, 2003
      hi

      i'm having a weird problem building mod_perl on win32. i am running
      activeperl 5.8 and and apache 2

      this is an example of what happens, apparently there is a problem with a
      file already in the active perl library, i don't understand how this could
      be.

      C:\MOD_PERL>perl makefile.pl MP_AP_PREFIX=c:\apache\apache
      Use of uninitialized value in concatenation (.) or string tions.pm line 89,
      <DATA> line 18.
      Reading Makefile.PL args from @ARGV
      MP_AP_PREFIX = c:\apache\apache2
      Configuring Apache/2.0.45 mod_perl/1.99_08 Perl/v5.8.0

      after this, all the libraries load properly. but when i NMAKE

      c:\MOD_PERL>NMAKE
      c:\apache\apache2/lib/libapr.lib : fatal error LNK1106: invalid file or disk
      full: cannot seek to 0x3e8adeb1
      NMAKE : fatal error U1077: 'link' : return code '0xc' Stop.
      NMAKE : fatal error U1077: 'cd' : return code '0x2' Stop.

      it gives this error message. i can assure you my disk is not full and i have
      reinstalled apache twice. there is no reason to that file to be invalid.

      im not certain if the two errors are related, but neither mod_perl.so nor
      any other file called mod_perl is created, i cant think of any reason for
      this, any insight would be appreciated

      thanks

      mike
      mchiussi@...

    • Randy Kobes
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 11, 2003
        On Fri, 11 Apr 2003, mike c wrote:

        > hi
        >
        > i'm having a weird problem building mod_perl on win32. i am running
        > activeperl 5.8 and and apache 2
        >
        > this is an example of what happens, apparently there is a
        > problem with a file already in the active perl library, i don't
        > understand how this could be.
        >
        > C:\MOD_PERL>perl makefile.pl MP_AP_PREFIX=c:\apache\apache
        > Use of uninitialized value in concatenation (.) or string tions.pm line 89,
        > <DATA> line 18.
        > Reading Makefile.PL args from @ARGV
        > MP_AP_PREFIX = c:\apache\apache2
        > Configuring Apache/2.0.45 mod_perl/1.99_08 Perl/v5.8.0
        > after this, all the libraries load properly. but when i NMAKE
        >
        > c:\MOD_PERL>NMAKE ......................
        > c:\apache\apache2/lib/libapr.lib : fatal error LNK1106: invalid
        > file or disk full: cannot seek to 0x3e8adeb1 NMAKE : fatal
        > error U1077: 'link' : return code '0xc' Stop. NMAKE : fatal
        > error U1077: 'cd' : return code '0x2' Stop.
        >
        > it gives this error message. i can assure you my disk is not
        > full and i have reinstalled apache twice. there is no reason to
        > that file to be invalid.

        This error is misleading ... Are you using VC++ 6? I've seen
        reports of this error when using VC++ 5 - there's an
        incompatibility using VC++ 5 when linking against libraries built
        with VC++ 6 (which ActivePerl and Apache binaries are built
        with). There is a way, using some (free) development kit tools
        available from Microsoft's site, to get around this problem.

        --
        best regards,
        randy kobes