      From: Charlie Garrison [mailto:garrison@...]
      Sent: Monday, October 24, 2005 7:10 AM
      To: modperl@...
      Subject: Re: POST data missing

      Good morning,

      On 21/10/05 at 7:37 PM +0530, Saurabh Soni <Saurabh.Soni@...>
      wrote:

      >I have an application (Apache 2.0.54, mod_perl 2.0.1, perl 5.8.7) which
      >serves POST requests by an external application. Each POST request has some
      >parameters which are required for further processing. The problem is that
      >CGI::param is unable to give me a parameter's value when invoked. This is
      >working fine with my old application (Apache 1.3.27, mod_perl 1, perl 5.6).
      >Interestingly, one of my server's variables POSTDATA contains these
      >parameters with values BUT in a query string, which I'll have to parse and
      >break. Am I missing something here? I have used Apache2::compat for
      >backwards compatibility.

      Make sure the request is sent with the correct mime type. I don't recall
      what
      was required; I just remember that was my problem when I couldn't get at
      POSTDATA using CGI.pm. Search the CGI.pm code for 'POSTDATA'; you'll be able
      see the request header checks it does before setting the POSTDATA param.

      Charlie

      --
      Charlie Garrison <garrison@...>
      PO Box 141, Windsor, NSW 2756, Australia

      Any unauthorized copying, disclosure or distribution of the material in this e-mail is strictly forbidden.
      it.helpdesk@...
    • Show all 4 messages in this topic