67333Re: GlobaRequest, restart_count, and RequestUtil

  • Christopher H. Laco
    Oct 4 6:16 AM
      Michael Peters wrote:
      > I know this isn't what you're looking for since it doesn't answer the
      > question you have, but just out of curiosity why do you need Data::UUID?
      > Would something like mod_unique_id work better?
      > http://httpd.apache.org/docs/1.3/mod/mod_unique_id.html
      > http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.0/mod/mod_unique_id.html
      > It even works well in clusters because it take hostnames into
      > consideration. And no stray temp files :)

      I use uuid generators in the core modules, which operate outside of any
      web serving mechanism.

      Once I found the workaround to keep things from segfaulting, I also
      added support for APR::UUID, so it's even more of a non-issue. :-)

    • Show all 8 messages in this topic