66185Apache2::Cookie odd return values

  • John ORourke
    Aug 2, 2005
      (mp 2.0.1, libapreq2-2.06-dev, httpd 2.0.51, Fedora Core 2)

      Hi folks,

      I've spent 2 days trying simply to read and write cookies! Just before
      I pack it in and become a paper boy, can anyone help?

      If you haven't time to read below but have some working cookie
      read/write freeze/thaw code or URLs I'd be grateful!

      It seems I can bake cookies no problem, they're appearing in the browser:

      $c_out_val=Apache2::Cookie->freeze($my_hash_ref);
      Apache2::Cookie->new( blah blah )->bake();

      But I just can't unfreeze them! I've tried the following ways to get my
      cookies:

      $jar=Apache2::Cookie::Jar->new($r)
      $jar=Apache2::Cookie->fetch($r)
      (I also tried using APR::Request::Cookie but it seems to be for Apache
      experts only, quite a confusing interface)

      ...but the cookie value is always "cookie_name=cookie_value", and with
      some variations I was getting a second cookie, with a blank value and
      the name was "cookie_name=cookie_value".

      Anyway, even when I strip the "cookie_name=" off the cookie value,
      Apache2::Cookie->thaw($value) just returns $value!

      Any help gratefully accepted,

      John O'Rourke
    • Show all 3 messages in this topic