65750Re: Apache2::Cookie confusing path and domain

  • Gokul P. Nair
    Jul 1, 2005
      > the "as_string()" method being called by ""
      > overloading is apparently
      > not the same one as the Apache2::Cookie. The
      > APR::Request::Cookie only
      > returns the value not the full stringification.

      Thats right, it says this in the documentation in
      CPAN:
      "The double-quote interpolation operator maps to
      APR::Request::Cookie::value()"

      So its supposed to be returning just the value and not
      the entire cookie string, but I'm not sure what this
      would have to do with the "name" or "expires" tag not
      being set under the cookie?

      Thanks

      Gokul P. Nair

      --- "Philip M. Gollucci" <pgollucci@...> wrote:

      > Gokul P. Nair wrote:
      > > --- "Philip M. Gollucci" <pgollucci@...>
      > wrote:
      > >>Crap I missed the missing name.
      > >>
      > >>Didn't try expires. Its probably a bug.
      > >>
      > >>If you're interested in fixing it, you'll want to
      > >>look at
      > >>glue/perl/APR/Request/Cookie.xs
      > I found the problem but I'm not sure where to
      > implement the solution in
      > the apreq-code base yet.
      >
      > Given this:
      >
      > my $cookie = APR::Request::Cookie->new($req, name
      > => "foo", value =>
      > time(), path => '/cookie');
      >
      > print STDERR "$cookie\n";
      > print STDERR Dumper $cookie;
      > print STDERR "name: " . $cookie->name() .
      > "\n";
      >
      > Prints:
      > 1120197880
      > $VAR1 = bless( do{\(my $o = 163598384)},
      > 'APR::Request::Cookie' );
      > name: foo
      >

      > the first line should have been
      >
      > foo=1120197880; path=/cookie;
      >
      > the "as_string()" method being called by ""
      > overloading is apparently
      > not the same one as the Apache2::Cookie. The
      > APR::Request::Cookie only
      > returns the value not the full stringification.
      >

      > --
      > END

      > What doesn't kill us can only make us stronger.
      > Nothing is impossible.
      >
      > Philip M. Gollucci (pgollucci@...)
      > 301.254.5198
      > Consultant / http://p6m7g8.net/Resume/resume.shtml
      > Senior Developer / Liquidity Services, Inc.
      > http://www.liquidityservicesinc.com

      Discover Yahoo!
      http://discover.yahoo.com/
    • Show all 25 messages in this topic