64729Re: Code fix/suggestion after MP2 update

    Apr 30 8:53 AM
      cfaust-dougot wrote:
      > Folks,
      >
      > I hope my brain is just not functioning properly yet as its Saturday, but I'm having a tough time figuring out the best way to handle the needed changed of "Apache::*" to "Apache2::Const*" automatically so I don't have to edit anything with a script going up on 2 different servers with 2 the 2 different MP2 installs.
      >
      > The code that was effected for me was simple enough, all my handler's are just:
      >

      > sub handler {
      > $r = shift;
      >
      > my $request_type = anything
      >
      > if ($request_type eq 'Apache::REDIRECT') {
      > $r->headers_out->set(Location => $back_url);
      > #return Apache2::Const::REDIRECT;
      > # or
      > return Apache::REDIRECT;
      > } else {
      > #return Apache::OK;
      > # or
      > return Apache2::Const::OK;

      > I thought it would be nice and easy to do it with a PerlSetVar in the conf file, so I would have something like
      >
      > in conf:
      > PerlSetVar ApacheReturnRedirect Apache::REDIRECT
      > PerlSet....
      >
      > In handler
      > if ($request_type eq 'Apache::REDIRECT') {
      > $r->headers_out->set(Location => $back_url);
      > return $r->dir_config->get('ApacheReturnRedirect');
      > } else {
      > return $r->dir_config->get('ApacheReturnOk');
      > }
      >
      > But that didn't work, got an error of Argument "Apache::REDIRECT" isn't numeric, I also can't do it within any sort of "if" statement in the script itself as I will get the error of "Apache::* not allowed while script subs...".
      >
      > Any suggestions?

      That's funky :) But you can't do that. Since those constants are really
      subroutines. What you are returning are strings, so you will need to eval
      those before using those. The best run the script that will adjust the
      constants: http://people.apache.org/~geoff/fixme