64728Code fix/suggestion after MP2 update

  • cfaust-dougot
    Apr 30, 2005
      Folks,

      I hope my brain is just not functioning properly yet as its Saturday, but I'm having a tough time figuring out the best way to handle the needed changed of "Apache::*" to  "Apache2::Const*" automatically so I don't have to edit anything with a script going up on 2 different servers with 2 the 2 different MP2 installs.

      The code that was effected for me was simple enough, all my handler's are just:

      sub handler {
       $r = shift;

       my $request_type  = anything

       if ($request_type eq 'Apache::REDIRECT') {
        $r->headers_out->set(Location => $back_url);
           #return Apache2::Const::REDIRECT;
          # or
           return Apache::REDIRECT;
       } else {
        #return Apache::OK;
        # or
       return Apache2::Const::OK;

      I thought it would be nice and easy to do it with a PerlSetVar in the conf file, so I would have something like

      in conf:
      PerlSetVar ApacheReturnRedirect Apache::REDIRECT
      PerlSet....

      In handler
        if ($request_type eq 'Apache::REDIRECT') {
         $r->headers_out->set(Location => $back_url);
            return $r->dir_config->get('ApacheReturnRedirect');
        } else {
         return $r->dir_config->get('ApacheReturnOk');
        }
      But that didn't work, got an error of Argument "Apache::REDIRECT" isn't numeric, I also can't do it within any sort of "if" statement in the script itself as I will get the error of "Apache::* not allowed while script subs...".

      Any suggestions?

      Thanks In Advance!
      -Chris

    • Show all 4 messages in this topic