61101Re: Apache::PerlRun - Constant subroutine redefined

  • David Radunz
    Oct 4, 2004
      On Tue, 2004-10-05 at 12:39, Stas Bekman wrote:
      > David Radunz wrote:
      > > Heya Stas,
      > >
      > > I like that alot, as you say heaps cleaner. For the time being thou
      > > can you see any problems with us using my patch internally?
      >
      > Looks fine to me.

      Thanks, we'll put it into production.

      > > I have run a
      > > few more tests and it seems everything still works pretty good. And of
      > > course keeping an eye out for Apache::RegistryCooker.. or will it be
      > > ported under Apache::PerlRun?
      >
      > Ported under PerlRun.
      >
      > You are more than welcome to do the porting to mp1. It shouldn't be too
      > much work, since the C code should be pretty much copy-n-paste. At the
      > moment we just don't want to touch mp1 and potentially break stable
      > things. So we would like to have that new implementation (courtesy of
      > Philippe Chiasson) to be thoroughly tested by users first.

      I would love to, but I dont really know much C. If its just copying and
      pasting then I guess it wouldnt be that bad, did you mean make a new
      Apache::* module, say Apache::ModPerlUtil (since Apache::Util is used)
      and then modify Apache::PerlRun to use that?

      > p.s. please don't CC your posts to other address at your domain since it
      > bounces.

      Sorry - I didnt know that the internal mailing lists didnt allow
      external emails.

      Thanks

      --
      David Radunz,
      Developer / Programmer

      Netspace Online Systems Pty Ltd
      Ground Floor, 293 Camberwell Road
      Camberwell, Victoria 3124
      Ph: +613 9811 0087
      Fx: +613 9811 0044
      Mo: +614 0549 9719
      Em: david.radunz@...

      use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. Please notify the sender
      immediately by email if you have received this email by mistake and delete this email
      from your system. Please note that any views or opinions presented in this email are solely
      those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the organisation.
      Finally, the recipient should check this email and any attachments for the presence of
      viruses. The organisation accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus
      transmitted by this email.