55122Re: PATCH porting.pod "First Mystery"

    Oct 24, 2003
      Brian McCauley wrote:
      > Stas Bekman <stas@...> writes:
      >>> ... I'd keep the "for which"
      >>>even if some people consider such strict English grammar to be
      >>I guess it reads better if using commas:
      >>The easiest and the fastest way to solve the nested subroutines
      >>problem is to switch every lexically scoped variable, you get the
      >>warning for, to a global package variable.
      > OK, I still find the strict English grammar easier to read in this
      > instance, but I'll go with your form.

      All I wanted to say is that my wording reads better if using commas. I didn't
      imply that it was better than yours, when using commas. Your wording was just
      fine (and certainly better then mine ;)

      Agreed with the rest of remaining comments to the ongoing comments ;)

      > I think porting.pod is done.

      > Now I have to attack perl_reference.pod,
      > and I assume from what you said before you don't want to release the
      > one without the other.

      Yes. Let's commit them together. Unless you think that it'll take a long time
      before you will come up with perl_reference.pod patches, in which I can I
      guess we can commit this one right now.

      Thanks Brian!