PETITION Cease The Closure of Islamic Charity Accounts‏

  • Mohammed A
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 30, 2008
      http://www.petitiononline.com/UWTBB/petition.html

      To:  Barclays Bank To:

      John Varley and John O'Shea
      Barclays Bank
      1 Churchill Place
      London, E14 5HP

      For too long now, the banks have been closing down accounts of Islamic charities.

      These close-downs have been indiscriminate and will affect thousands of worthy causes.

      Among the people you will have placed in extreme hardship and facing hunger and poverty are children who are orphans.

      There are widows who have no other means of survival or of feeding themselves and their hungry children.

      There are people who are, or have been, victims of natural disasters such as earthquakes and floods of which we are sure you are aware.

      We feel that your actions, of closing down accounts of much needed charity organisations, will only compound these issues and increase the hardships these people are suffering.

      If you feel your reasons are valid, we urge you to inform us as to what they are, or to cease any further closures and re-instate any Islamic charities accounts that have already been closed.

      We, the undersigned, request you treat this matter with the utmost urgency.

      Sincerely,

      The Undersigned