Subject: (Hadith) The signs

  • Suheil A Khandwalla
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 23, 2007

      From: Suheil A Khandwalla <suh_outlaw@...>
      To: ahadiths@..., mohamedmust@...
      Cc: modernmuslims2@yahoogroups.com

      On 18/04/07, _Way of life <ahadiths@...> wrote

      Prophet (peace be upon him) said:
      "When honesty is lost, then wait for the Hour." It was asked, "How will honesty be lost, O Allah's Apostle?

      "He (peace be upon him) said, " When authority is given to those who do not deserve it, then wait for the Hour." Sahih Al-Bukhari Hadith 8.503         Narrated by Abu Huraira    If one trusts, obeys, and follows the guidance and commands of Allah and His Messenger (peace be upon him),    one can be assured of never ever being misled;   but if one believes, obeys and follows any other guidance, other than that of Allah and His Messenger (peace be upon him), one can be assured of being led astray.

      Narrated Abu Huraira

      The Prophet (peace be upon him)  said, "The Hour (Last Day) will not be  established until (religious) knowledge will be taken  away (by the death of religious learned men),  earthquakes will be very frequent, time will pass  quickly, afflictions will appear, murders will increase and  money will overflow amongst you." (See Hadith No. 85  Vol 1).

      Mu' meneen Brothers and Sisters,

      As Salaam Aleikum wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuh.  (May Allah's Peace, Mercy and Blessings be upon all of you)

      One of our brothers/sisters has asked this question:

      Dear Brothers in Islam

      As-Salaam Alaikum Wa-Rahmatullahi Wa-Barakatuhu

      Could you please tell me that, are these sign" Major & Minor sign" of the day of Judgment, are true ? In which (Sahih or Muslim), Hadith's are these sign in? please reply Walakum As-Salaam Alaikum Wa-Rahmatullahi Wa-Barakatuhu

      Your sister in Islam

      (There may be some grammatical and spelling errors in the above statement. The forum does not change anything from questions, comments and statements received from our readers for circulation in confidentiality.)

      Answer:

      Signs of the Coming of the Day Of Judgement Based on Quran and Hadith

      In the name of Allah, We praise Him, seek His help and ask for His forgiveness. Whoever Allah guides none can misguide, and who-ever He allows to fall astray, none can guide them aright. We bear witness that there is no one (no idol, no person, no grave, no prophet, no imam, no dai, nobody!) worthy of worship but Allah Alone, and we bear witness that Muhammad (saws) is His slave-servant and the seal of His Messengers.

      Narrated Abu Huraira

      The Prophet said, "The Hour (Last Day) will not be  established until (religious) knowledge will be taken  away (by the death of religious learned men),  earthquakes will be very frequent, time will pass  quickly, afflictions will appear, murders will increase and  money will overflow amongst you." (See Hadith No. 85  Vol 1).

      Narrated Abu Huraira

      Allah's Apostle said, "Time will pass rapidly, good  deeds will decrease, and miserliness will be thrown (in the hearts of the people), and the Harj (will increase)."  They asked, "What is the Harj?" He replied, "(It is) killing (murdering), (it is) murdering (killing)."       (Bukhari 8.63)

      Narrated Abu Huraira

      Allah 's Apostle said,  "The Hour will not be established (1) till two big groups fight each other whereupon there will be a great number of casualties on both sides and they will be following one and the same religious doctrine, (2) till about thirty Dajjals (liars) appear, and each one of them will claim that he  is Allah 's Apostle, (3) till the religious knowledge is taken away (by the death of religious scholars) (4) earthquakes will increase in number (5) time will pass quickly, (6) afflictions will appear, (7) Al-Harj, (i.e., killing) will increase, (8) till wealth will be in abundance--so abundant that a wealthy person will worry lest nobody should accept his Zakat, and whenever he will present it to someone, that person (to whom it will be offered) will say,  'I am not in need of it, ' (9) till the people compete with one another in constructing high buildings, (10) till a man when passing by a grave of someone will say,   'Would that I were in his place, ' (11) and till the sun rises from the West. So  when the sun will rise and the people will see it (rising from the West) they  will all believe (embrace Islam) but that will be the time when: (As Allah   said,)  'No good will it do to a soul to believe then, if it believed not before,  nor earned good (by deeds of righteousness) through its Faith. ' (6.158) And  the Hour will be established while two men spreading a garment in front of  them but they will not be able to sell it, nor fold it up; and the Hour will be  established when a man has milked his she-camel and has taken away the  milk but he will not be able to drink it; and the Hour will be established  before a man repairing a tank (for his livestock) is able to water (his animals) in it; and the Hour will be established when a person has raised a morsel (of food) to his mouth but will not be able to eat it. "      (Bukhari 9.237)

      Narrated AbuBarzah al-Aslami

      Sharik ibn Shihab said,  "I wanted to meet one of the  Prophet 's companions to ask him about the Kharijites.  Meeting AbuBarzah al-Aslami along with some of his  companions on a festival day, I asked whether he had  heard Allah 's Messenger (peace be upon him) mentioning the Kharijites. He replied that he had heard  him with both his ears and seen him with his eyes. He  said that Allah 's Messenger (peace be upon him) was  brought some property and divided it, giving something  to those on his right and those on his left, but giving   nothing to those who were behind him. One of those  behind him, a black man whose hair was completely cut off and who was wearing two white garments, then  said,  "You have not divided justly, Muhammad. " Allah 's  Messenger (peace be upon him) became very angry and  said,  "I swear by Allah that after my death you will not  find a man more just than I am. " He added,  "At the end  of time people looking like this man will come forth,  reciting the Qur 'an, but it will not pass their throats. They will swerve from Islam as an arrow passes through the game at which is it shot, and their  distinguishing mark will be shaving. They will continue to  come forth till the last of them comes forth with the  antichrist. When you meet them they will be the worst of men and beasts. " Nasa 'i transmitted it.   (Tirmidhi 1008)

      Anas reports that the Messenger of Allah  said:  "The Hour will not come to pass  until the people vie with each other in (building) the mosques. " This is related  by Ahmad, Abu Dawud, anNasa 'i, Ibn  Majah, and Ibn Hibban who calls it sahih. Ibn Khuzaimah 's wording is:  "A time  will come when the people will vie with  each other in (building) the mosques but very few will attend (the mosques). " Ibn  'Abbas reports that the Messenger of Allah said:  "I have not been ordered to build high and lofty mosques. " Abu Dawud 's version adds:  "Ibn  'Abbas said:  'You will certainly embellish them as the Jews and Christians embellished [their places of worship]. " ' The preceding hadith was related by Abu Dawud and by Ibn Hibban who calls it sahih.  'Umar ordered mosques to be built and  would say:  "Protect the people from the  rain. Beware of red and yellow  decorations for they distract people. "  This is related by Ibn Khuzaimah in his  sahih and by al-Bukhari in mualaq form.

      (Fiqh 2.70B)

      Allah says in the Holy Quran Chapter 45 Surah Al Jathiyah verse 28-29: And thou wilt see every sect bowing the knee: every sect will be  called to its Record:  "This Day shall ye be recompensed for all that ye did!    "This Our Record speaks about you with truth: for We were wont  to put on record all that ye did. "

      Whatever written of Truth and benefit is only due to Allah�s Assistance and Guidance, and whatever of error is of me.  Allah Alone Knows Best and He is the Only Source of Strength.

      May Allah guide you and us all to the Siraat al-Mustaqeem

      Your brother and well wisher in Islam,

      Burhan