Re: Day of the Locust

  • mparker_46
    Message 1 of 826 , Feb 4, 2002
      This selection is only representative of the
      author's work and perhaps is not even his best. However,
      if you are not privy to the ambiance of early Los
      Angeles you can miss some of the power of the prose
      images. Locust is both a dark metaphor and a scathing
      history and despite the obvious drawbacks of a
      re-creation, I recommend viewing the 1975 movie to get the
      picture in your mind (guess who Donald Sutherland plays).
      The film is raw and frightening; not to be
    • kamonkey2001
      Message 826 of 826 , Apr 7, 2002
        Jessie,

        There's a long list of links that appears at the left of the screen
        starting with "Home" and continuing until it gets down to "Calendar"
        which is the second to last entry in the list.

        I'm new here too but as I understand it there is an entry for the
        Alexandria Quartet in March (and no entry so far for April) because
        the group is going to be reading all four books of the series which
        will take a while.

        --Kathy

        --- In modernlibrary100greatestbooks@y..., "missemilyophelia"