USA Trilogy

  • dkenall
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 18 8:52 PM
      Hello, I'm a new member. Lawyer from DC. How many people have
      started the USA trilogy? I am starting this week if anyone else is
      also way behind.
    • stephanie mesler-evans
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 19 7:21 AM
        I joined this list a couple of months ago and posted right away. No one
        ever responded. I think it's dead.

        --
        Currently Reading: Negotiating With the Dead (Memoir-ish); The Mighty and
        the Almighty (Nonfiction); Gilead (Novel).

      • Henry McFarland
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 19 1:18 PM
          The group's moderator got very busy with her personal
          life and cannot be active in the group. I volunteered
          to help by approving messages and periodically
          updating the webpage. (Messages are on moderator
          approval, because extremely low traffic groups tend to
          attract spammers.)
          I cannot be very active in the group right now,
          although I might participate in some discussions (but
          not the USA trilogy). I think it would be great if
          some people started posting on the monthly book. Maybe
          the group will revive.
          Henry

          http://mail.yahoo.com
        • Lisa Hill
          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 19 4:23 PM
            By the look of the photo on the home page, it hasn't been touched since Book
            no 34, and now the group should be reading no 22.

            A group can be resurrected, if enough members are interested.

            You can contact the moderators (click on members, then moderators) and ask
            them what if they are still active. It might just be that they're not well,
            on an overseas holiday, too busy at work, or don't like the book of the
            month.

            If they're not interested any more, you can ask them to make you a
            moderator, or even a group owner.

            I'm interested in some of the titles nos 1-19, but not 20-22,

            1. Joyce, James. Ulysses
            2. Fitzgerald, F. Scott. The Great Gatsby
            3. Joyce, James. A Portrait Of The Artist As A Young Man
            4. Nabokov, Vladimir. Lolita
            5. Huxley, Aldous. Brave New World
            6. Faulkner, William. The Sound And The Fury
            7. Heller, Joseph. Catch-22
            8. Koestler, Arthur. Darkness At Noon
            9. D. H. Lawrence. Sons And Lovers
            10. Steinbeck, John. The Grapes Of Wrath
            11. Lowry, Malcolm. Under The Volcano
            12. Butler, Samuel. The Way Of All Flesh
            13. Orwell, George. 1984
            14. Graves, Robert. I, Claudius
            15. Woolf, Virginia. To The Lighthouse
            16. Dreiser, Theodore. An American Tragedy
            17. Mccullers, Carson. The Heart Is A Lonely Hunter
            18. Vonnegut, Kurt. Slaughterhouse-Five
            19. Ellison, Ralph. Invisible Man
            Lisa in Oz
            PS BTW One month is not long enough to read Ulysses unless you are a full
            time scholar.