A Handful of Dust

  • hecon_99
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 18, 2005
      Is anyone reading our July book? I just got a copy. So far, I like it a
      lot.
      Henry
    • hecon_99
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 4, 2005
        Has anyone else here read A Handful of Dust? I thought it was a great
        book. One odd thing, it has two endings. Waugh first used a short
        story he had written as the ending, then when the book was
        serialized, he could not use that ending, so he wrote another.
        (spoiler space)
        Any thoughts on which ending was better. One is a disaster for Tony.
        In the other, he comes up much better. He is back with Brenda, and
        there is a suggestion that he will play around some himself. I
        thought the first ending fit the book better. Tony seems too much the
        sap for ending two.