a different kind of book club

  • wevegotfiveyears
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 5, 2005
      Please join the Democrats, progressives and liberals
      online book club. We will read a book a month and
      discuss it via e-mail or at the group web site
      (whichever you prefer). The book for March is God's
      Politics by Jim Wallis (description below).
      Comments on other works and topics of interest to
      progressives, liberals and Democrats will also be
      welcome. Please join us for good reads, good
      discussion and sharing ideas and resources.
      MESSAGES WILL BE MODERATED SO NO SPAM WILL GET
      THROUGH.
      To join go to:
      For more information, contact Jim at jimsalz@...

      The March, 2005 book: God's Politics, By Jim Wallis
      Since when did believing in God and having moral
      values make you pro-war, pro-rich, and pro-Republican?
      And since when did promoting and pursuing a
      progressive social agenda with a concern for economic
      security, health care, and educational opportunity
      mean you had to put faith in God aside? God's Politics
      offers a clarion call to make both our religious
      communities and our government more accountable to key
      values of the prophetic religious tradition — that is,
      make them pro-justice, pro-peace, pro-environment,
      pro-equality, pro-consistent ethic of life (beyond
      single issue voting), and pro-family (without making
      scapegoats of single mothers or gays and lesbians).
    • radtech134100
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 10, 2005
        No, thank you.

        Cindy