The Secret Agent

  • hecon_99
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 9, 2004
      By my calculations, the book for this month is The Secret Agent. I
      believe Hitchcock's movie, Sabotage, is loosely based on the book. Is
      anyone else reading it?
      Henry
    • Kathy Vidovich
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 9, 2004
        I'm still reading Nostromo, and think Conrad is excellent. So I wouldn't
        miss "The Secret Agent". I'll start as soon as I finish "Nostromo".

        --Kathy
        By my calculations, the book for this month is The Secret Agent. I
        believe Hitchcock's movie, Sabotage, is loosely based on the book. Is
        anyone else reading it?
        Henry

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

      • elizabeth davis
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 9, 2004
          I'm also still reading Nostromo. I have loved the bit
          of Conrad I have read, am enjoying Nostromo and look
          forwad to Secret Agent. I would love to get a
          discussion going on some of the themes in Conrad and
          get this group back on track.

          I've been so busy lately with Anna Karenia, anyone
          else?

          --- Kathy Vidovich <kvidovich@...> wrote:
          > I'm still reading Nostromo, and think Conrad is
          > excellent. So I wouldn't
          > miss "The Secret Agent". I'll start as soon as I
          > finish "Nostromo".
          >
          > --Kathy

          http://mail.yahoo.com
        • kamonkey2001
          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 17, 2004
            Elizabeth, I've read Anna Karenina before, and it was an excellent
            book, but I prefer War & Peace.

            I'm almost done with Nostromo now. How are you coming along?

            --Kathy

            --- In modernlibrary100greatestbooks@yahoogroups.com, elizabeth davis