?HELLO?

  • atticus_finch_iv
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 3, 2003
      Anybody reading Death Comes for the Archbishop???
    • jason3778 <jason3778@yahoo.com>
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 3, 2003
        I've started reading Death Comes for the Archbishop. It's a nicely
        paced, very realistic story. I love Cather's language and western
        mood she creates.

        jason

        -- In modernlibrary100greatestbooks@yahoogroups.com, atticus_finch_iv
        <no_reply@y...> wrote:
        > Anybody reading Death Comes for the Archbishop???
      • hecon_99
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 4, 2003
          I read Death Comes for the Archbishop a while ago, and I thought it
          was one of the best books that I have read on the list.

          Does anyone have any ideas on why Cather choose that title? I
          expected most of the book to take place around the end of the
          archbishop's life; instead the book covers a long part of his career.

          --- In modernlibrary100greatestbooks@yahoogroups.com, "jason3778