Yahoo! Groups Photos (Media Storage) Enhancements

  • Jami
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 29, 2008
      As promised in a recent post on the Groups blog entitled What's in
      store for Yahoo! Groups, we're excited to share more details around
      the enhancements that you'll start seeing within the Photos section
      of your Yahoo! Groups over the next several weeks.

      While the enhancements at first glance may appear to be modest, we
      have in fact made several significant changes, including:

      - Increased storage limit for photos, from 100MB to 100GB
      - Unique image locations (in other words, a URL that will link
      directly to a photo within your Group)
      - The original photo uploaded will now be stored in your group
      (which means that anyone can click to see the original size of the
      image when it was uploaded)
      - The ability to upload new image formats, including GIFs, BMPs, and
      PNGs
      - The ability to upload up to five photos that add up to 100MB (from
      5MB)

      We've begun slowly rolling these enhancements out to a handful of
      Groups and will continue with this process over the next several
      weeks so we can ensure a smooth rollout.

      Enjoy,
      Jami
      Groups Community Manager