What's in store for Yahoo! Groups

  • y_groups_team
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 14, 2008
      Hi everyone; it has been some time since we've announced what we
      have planned for the Yahoo! Groups community, so I thought I'd
      outline our plans for 2008.

      Over the past few months, the Groups Team has been hard at work
      strengthening and improving our existing systems, while
      simultaneously innovating and developing new features and options.

      What's new now…

      So far, we have released the following to the site:

      • An entirely new search and browse system. This new system fixes a
      number of known issues, makes search updates much faster, and
      improves the sort order when you browse for groups (many
      enhancements related to this release were highlighted in the recent
      post called Yahoo! Groups: How long does it really take).

      • A new "Groups Lab" initiative which consists of a team of folks
      who work to create features within Groups that can be customized by
      moderators to fit the specific needs of their group. The People Map
      is an example of a feature that was developed by this team.

      • A new technology platform for the site (not quite fully released).
      We are changing every page of the site but doing so in a way that
      won't disrupt your existing experience. This new platform will allow
      us to release features much faster than ever before.

      What's to come…

      To read more (and to comment) please visit the Groups blog:

      http://tinyurl.com/6dz373

      Best,

      Leonard
      Director, Yahoo! Groups