Try out the new People Map Beta

  • Jami
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 8, 2008
      While the majority of the Yahoo! Groups team is working on
      strengthening and improving the core Groups product (more on that to
      come soon), a small team of folks have been working on a new way to
      create features within Groups, features that can be customized by
      moderators to fit the specific needs of their groups.

      We've been calling the work this team has been doing "Groups Labs",
      and we are excited today to announce the first new feature
      (or "grouplet") built using the Groups Labs framework: the People
      Map!

      What is People Map?
      Read more on the Groups blog:
      <http://www.ygroupsblog.com/blog/2008/07/08/try-out-the-new-people-
      map-beta/>

      We look forward to hearing what you think.

      Thanks!
      Jami
      Groups Community Manager

      P.S. You can try out the People Map (from a member perspective) here
      in the Moderator Central group, just click on the link below:
    • Jami
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 8, 2008
        Read more about People Map on the Groups blog:
        http://tinyurl.com/6mmcoc

        I'll use TinyURL for long URL's from now on, I promise!

        Best,
        Jami

        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 8, 2008
          I apologize for a third email on the same topic, but the TinyURL I
          sent out didn't include the full URL to my blog post (that's what I
          get for moving too fast). And now there seems to be a problem with
          links created using TinyURL.

          You can go directly to the Groups blog, the People Map post is first
          on the page:

          <http://www.ygroupsblog.com/blog/>

          Thanks for your patience!