New offerings from Yahoo! Mail (and why it’s important to you)

  • Jami
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 19, 2008
      In case you haven't heard the latest news from Yahoo! Mail
      <http://ymailupdates.com/blog> - if you weren't able to get that
      special yahoo.com email address you had hoped for, now is your
      chance to try again. The only catch is that this time it will be an
      @... or @... email address (yup, for those of you
      who remember, we brought RocketMail back). You can read more about
      this news, and about the history of RocketMail by visiting the
      Yahoo! Mail blog <http://ymailupdates.com/blog>.

      One thing I wanted to point out to all of you Yahoo! Groups users is
      that if you do get one of these new @... or @...
      email address, you will be prompted to create a new public profile
      when joining or starting a new group. When creating your public
      profile, if the name you select as your "screen name" is already in
      use, you will be asked to choose a different name. Once you create
      your new profile, you will be taken back into the normal "join"
      or "start a group" flow.

      For the full post, and to ask any questions you may have, please
      visit the Groups blog:
      <http://www.ygroupsblog.com/blog/2008/06/19/new-offerings-from-
      yahoo-mail-and-why-it%e2%80%99s-important-to-you/>.

      Best,
      Jami
      Groups Community Manager