Event Time Display in Group Calendar Reminders

  • moderatorcentral-owner@yahoogroups.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 2, 2012
      Dear Users,
      Some of you have written to us that you are getting event reminders with
      wrong start/end time mentioned in the Group Calendar events. We have
      checked all complains and found that there is no problem with the
      reminders but group calendar setting needs to be corrected for some
      groups.
      Here is how Groups Calendar Reminders are sent:- Any groups calendar
      user who has write access onto calendar can go to calendar page to add
      event. Please note that we show user's personal calendar timezone at the
      top of the calendar section. - All events in Groups calendar are
      displayed based on logged in user's personal calendar timezone setting.-
      Groups Calendar itself has its own timezone setting which moderators can
      set by going to Actions->Options->General section while in Calendar
      application inside Groups.yahoo.com site. - Groups Calendar reminders
      display the event time based on Groups Calendar timezone setting.
      Let me explain this by following example:- Group_test has its own
      timezone set as PST (GMT -8) by moderator- Group has user A whose own
      personal calendar timezone is set at EST (GMT -5)- Group user A creates
      an event which starts at 9.00 AM PST (same as 12.00 PM EST). So user A
      should create the event with start time as 12.00 PM as he/she is seeing
      the calendar as per his/her personal calendar timezone.- Group user B
      whose personal calendar timezone is set to CST (GMT-6) will see the same
      event starting at 11.00 AM CST (same as 9.00 AM PST and 12.00 PM EST)-
      As Group needs to send just one reminder for all users, it sends the
      reminder as per Groups Calendar Timezone setting which is PST. So the
      event reminder will display the event starting time as 9.00 AM (which is
      as per PST and same as 12.00 PM EST).
      So, please check for your group what's the timezone
      (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/YourGroupsName/cal :
      Actions->Options->General) and set it appropriately. - For groups which
      has all the members in the same timezone, just fixing the Groups
      Calendar timezone will solve the issue completely. - For other groups
      which have members in different timezones, we will soon make a change in
      event reminder to start displaying the event timezone next to the start
      time. We hope that will avoid any confusions.
      Thanks,Moderator Central Owner