Update: Some Groups Members not receiving messages

  • Carole McManus
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 1 3:37 PM
      From February 28 about 2:30 p.m. (Pacific time) until March 1 about
      11:15 a.m. (Pacific time) (http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/),
      some members of some groups were not receiving email. Some members of
      some of these groups were able to see the posts on their group archive
      on the Web, but were not receiving them via email. Groups mail
      delivery is back to normal as of about 11:15 a.m. (Pacific time). We
      now have more information about what caused this.

      While we were working on an improvement to our email delivery systems,
      email delivery was inadvertently suspended for some members of some
      groups. This problem did not affect all Groups users. Unfortunately,
      while messages posted to affected groups during this time were saved
      to group archives, the messages cannot now be delivered via email. If
      your group's archives are open to your members (more
      info about Archive settings: http://help.yahoo.com/help/us/groups/messages/messages-16.html), your members can access the undelivered messages via the Web. If your group's archives are not open to your members, you may want to suggest that your members resend any messages they had sent between yesterday afternoon and this morning, if they want to ensure that all members of the group receive them.

      Yesterday's work was part of our ongoing efforts to improve the
      performance of Yahoo! Groups and was not supposed to involve any
      downtime for users. The delivery glitch was the result of human error,
      and because it only affected some members of some groups, it delayed
      both our awareness of the problem and our efforts to resolve it. We
      sincerely regret the inconvenience it may have caused.

      The Yahoo! Groups Team