missing messages

  • moderatorcentral-owner@yahoogroups.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 22, 2011
      Just a quick note to folks that we're aware of the reports of "missing messages", and we're investigating. We'll post an update once we know more.

      - Yahoo! Groups Team
    • moderatorcentral-owner@yahoogroups.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 23, 2011
        An update to let folks know that we believe the issue with messages not posting to Groups has been resolved. The root cause was a misconfiguration on one bank of servers that caused messages to fail to route properly. The problem was fixed Monday at 10 am PDT (5 pm GMT) and our scripts and process have been updated to prevent such a misconfiguration from happening again. (Note: We waited to send this update until we were confident that this was the only issue and the problem was fully resolved).

        The problem affected ~10-15% of messages posted to Groups between Friday afternoon and Monday morning PDT (and would have affected messages posted via the web or email). Messages posted after Sunday at 10 am PDT (or approved by moderators after that time if the message in question required moderation) should have posted to group but would have been delayed until Monday morning. Messages posted (/approved) before Sunday at 10 am should have been bounced back to the sender after 24 hours with a message saying the mail server was unreachable or unresponsive.

        But at this point, whether or not you received a notification that your message failed to deliver, if a message you sent this weekend has not yet posted to the group, we would recommend that you resend the message.

        Our apologies for any hassles and inconvenience caused by this issue.

        - Yahoo! Groups Team

        P.S. If you believe the problem has not been fully resolved and you are still having problems posting messages, go to
        http://tinyurl.com/groupscontactus
        http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/groups/original/members/contact/forms_index.html
        and choose the "Problems Posting Messages ..." category. From there you will find information that may help resolve the problem or you will have the option to contact us.