Your feedback so far

  • Yahoo! Groups Team
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 31, 2010
      Hi everyone:

      Thank you for your constructive and immediate feedback. It is always great to see how passionate you are about Yahoo! Groups. Our team was particularly touched by comments from Linda, Jesse and Denver Murray. We are counting on your continuous support in having 100% of our groups remodeled.

      I want to remind you that Yahoo! Groups was one of the very first online social networks, and our features were robust enough to provide continued support for our users' needs. However, as the way we interact online has changed, we've worked with you guys to evolve Yahoo! Groups and incorporate features that will help you communicate and manage your online communities more effectively.

      A few of you seem a bit confused about our new Groups Home Page so let me clarify:

      •Navigating content areas in a left hand control area has emerged as a common design practice. Additionally, with everything going on in your groups, making the main view be a summary of all these activities was a natural way to ensure members can stay up to date.

      If you are a visitor (not logged in) you will still be able to view the group description & group photo as before. If you are a group member who is logged in, all you have to do is to click on the i icon right next to the right of your groups' name.

      •Privacy issues: respecting users privacy is fundamental to Yahoo!. Privacy settings are unchanged in this latest release. However, knowing who the members are in your group and who can see your contributions is important. As before, moderators have the ability to change their settings to hide access to member list if they wish so, the only addition we have made is the introduction of avatars if the member has created one.

      Polly:
      •Search should no longer be broken, if you are still having issues, could you kindly send me a screen shot of the issue you are experiencing and I will follow up with you and our engineers directly.

      Claire, Elliah, Johnflynch1, Judith and Akierian
      •I suggest you contact customer care with your mentioned issues
      http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/groups/original/members/contact/forms_index.html?last_url=http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/groups/original/members/index.html

      Layla & Yahoo! Groups team