Updates in Your Groups

  • Yahoo! Groups Team
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 24, 2010
      Starting today, some of you may notice an additional message in your inbox from the Yahoo! Groups team.

      We're currently beta testing a special version of group updates emails. This beta email allows you to keep up to date with what's going on within your entire Yahoo! Groups in one email. This email however does not include individual messages so it is not a replacement to receiving your groups messages.

      Unlike Daily Digests, group updates are only delivered when you or your Yahoo! Group members do any of the following activities in your groups:

      * Upload new photos
      * Add a link
      * Update (or create) a database
      * Create a poll
      * Add a new file
      * Add an application or an application entry

      This is a brand new feature that we're testing out on a small set of users—you have the ability to unsubscribe (or re-subscribe) to these update emails at any time. Please note that this update email will not include your group's message activity.

      To unsubscribe, simply click on the "Unsubscribe" link in the footer of the email and you'll be unsubscribed.

      Please note that this feature is in BETA —we're in constant development but want your feedback to help us improve it, and we look forward to your constructive criticism about this exciting new addition. Only a small set of groups will see this feature in the coming days, but we'll gradually release this new email to the rest of the Yahoo! Groups community in the coming weeks.

      If your group has been enabled and you'd like to share your feedback, please join this group: http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/ygroupsupdates/ where you can share your thoughts with the team! We'll periodically ask for your thoughts, but please feel free to offer your suggestions and share any issues as you come across them in the group.

      Thanks, and enjoy!

      -Melissa & The Yahoo! Groups Team