Updates and Safari

  • y_groups_team
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 11, 2009
      Several of you have reported that when using Safari on a Mac the new "Updates" feature within your groups you're unable to get past the pop-up.

      If this is happening to you, here's how you can solve the problem:

      -Upgrade Safari-
      This "persistent pop-up" is only happening with the beta version of Safari (3.0.4). To upgrade your browser, please go here: (http://www.apple.com/safari/download/ )or, click on the Apple icon in the top left corner and click on "Software Update" to check for the latest version of Safari.

      -Disable the update prompts-
      To do this, go to the My Groups page: (http://groups.yahoo.com/mygroups )and click on "Edit My Groups." From here, you can manually change your updates settings, or, you can scroll to the bottom of the page and change all of the settings for the groups on that page, at once.

      If you've made these changes and are still having trouble, or, are using a browser other than Safari, please be sure to report these issues to Customer Care (http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/groups/original/ownmod/forms/general.html).

      Melissa Daniels
      Yahoo! Community Manager