Hotmail Bouncing Issues and Groups Outage on January 5

  • Carole McManus
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 5, 2007
      We've had reports that some Yahoo! Groups members with Hotmail and MSN
      mail accounts have been bouncing since approximately December 29,
      2006. The error message many of you are reporting is "550 Command
      rejected for policy reasons."

      We are working with our contacts on the Hotmail team to understand why
      this occurred and will let you know when the problem has been
      resolved. We appreciate your patience and we apologize for the
      inconvenience this has caused.

      We also want to acknowledge an outage the U.S. and International
      Groups sites experienced early today (Pacific time). Users who
      attempted to access their groups on the Web experienced timeouts on
      their browsers between the hours of 12:45 a.m. and 2:15 a.m. Pacific.
      This issue has been resolved and we are investigating solutions to
      prevent similar outages in the future.

      — Carole McManus
      Community Manager