Invite Limit Changes

  • y_groups_team
    Message 1 of 1 , May 1, 2009
      As you may have noticed, earlier this week the number of people you can invite per day dropped to 50 people. This was done in an effort to combat spam and reduce system load (the email delays some of you saw last week and this week were a side effect of people abusing the invite system).

      It is important to note that while the invitation limit has been lowered, it does NOT mean that only 50 people can join your group. Additionally, if you want to encourage more than 50 people at a time to join, you can still send them an email directing them to either:

      * Send email to your group subscribe address: GROUPNAME-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

      Note: In all three cases make sure to replace "GROUPNAME" with the actual name of your group (e.g. moderatorcentral-subscribe@yahoogroups.com)

      While we know that this can be frustrating for people looking to start a large group quickly, we are currently working on a new feature that will prevent measures like this in the future. We'll be sure to keep you updated on future developments on the blog (http://www.ygroupsblog.com).

      Melissa Daniels
      Yahoo! Community Manager