A new look for Groups Search

  • y_groups_team
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 9 6:19 PM
      If you've searched for a group today you may have noticed that things look a bit different. Today, we introduced the first phase of our new groups search solution which will help improve the "searchability" of groups. To try it yourself, just visit http://groups.yahoo.com and search for a group in the "Find a Group" search box.

      This recent redesign was the result of feedback from users like you, and is the first step in a series of changes to search that will help you find the groups that are the most relevant and right for you.

      We've added features like: new sorting options, updated group information, and quick links that enable you to "Join" a group, right from the search page.

      You can find a full walk-through of all the new features on the Yahoo! Groups blog (Post found here: http://www.ygroupsblog.com/blog/2009/04/09/a-new-look-for-groups-search/).

      All of these features are currently available in all Yahoo! Groups searches (however, they're not currently available when you're browsing a group), so be sure to give them a try and let us know what you think by leaving a comment on the blog! (http://www.ygroupsblog.com) We'll be sure to keep you updated on additional updates to search as they become available.

      Melissa Daniels
      Yahoo! Community Manager