Groups Update: Attachment Beta

  • y_groups_team
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 2, 2009
      First off, thank you to all of you who expressed an interest in the
      attachment beta. The interest in this feature was overwhelming, and
      we're adding groups on a regular basis, so if you signed up but don't
      see the "attachment" link in the left hand column yet, don't worry--
      we're enabling new groups every day, so yours will probably be next!

      Beta Testers: We look forward to hearing your feedback about the new
      feature, and know that a few of you have already begun to share your
      thoughts and test it out in some of the Groups about Groups, and in
      your own groups. Please feel free to share your thoughts—both good and
      bad—in the Y! Groups Attachment Beta Group. Email your thoughts here:
      ygattachmentbeta [at] yahoogroups [dot] com

      Missing Attachment Link: While a handful of you actively test out this
      new feature, a few of you may have come across a bit of a bug: if
      you're not part of the beta, when you upload an attachment to your
      Group, you may still see the "Attachments: (to view, click Attachments
      under left navigation bar)" message. Feel free to ignore this message,
      and access your attachment as you normally would—this is a bug that
      relates back to the new attachment beta we're testing, and are working
      to fix it. We should have a patch out within the next two weeks and
      appreciate your patience!

      Melissa Daniels
      Yahoo! Community Manager